Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who Finds The 10k Service Pointless ?

iLLestJT

ITS STUPID, NO POINT AT ALL OTHER THAN MAKING MONEY

OVER COMPANYS LIKE

RENAULT

VAUXHALL

VW

first service is at 16k to 18k

i no toyota major service is 20k but 10k service is just money making common!!!

Depends on how fast you get to the 10K service, think i got to mine in about 7months!! :eek::lol:

In my wife's car, she got to her's in about 3.5yrs :lol:

I'm sure it's all to do with the warrenty for your car.

I think that every year the car should be serviced every year, dispite it's mileage, or unless you feel that there's something wrong with it. :yes:

I agree with Man-Bing, although taking the car in for a service when it's done nowhere near the mileage every year is a bit of a mickey-take. I can understand however, that it is a good idea to get a *qualified* mechanic to check your car over once a year to see if there are any problems you are unaware of and to see if there are any signs that something could be "around the corner".

My Avensis will be about 4k at it's first birthday... and it's a diesel. :( I was expecting to do a lot more mileage but ended up working from home instead! Luckily, it's not start-stop, to the shops and back mileage but twice a week, 60+ mile journey instead so it still gets a good run. Even so, at current usage, a 3 year old D4D with only 12k on the clock. Unheard of! :lol:

If the warranty given was a "lifetime" one that some dealerships offer (usually used-car ones) so long as you get it serviced there then I could swing with that. :thumbsup:

ITS STUPID, NO POINT AT ALL OTHER THAN MAKING MONEY

OVER COMPANYS LIKE

RENAULT

VAUXHALL

VW

first service is at 16k to 18k

i no toyota major service is 20k but 10k service is just money making common!!!

Well if these other companies brought they're service scheduals down to a sensible milage then they may become more reliable like Toyota's!!

I think the other manufacturers are mad, expecting an engine to do 16-20k without an oil and filter change! Oil maybe alot more advanced compared to back in the day, but by 20k the oil has definately lost its viscosity and is seriously black and contaminated, which is no good for oil ways, bearings and also hydraulic timing chain tensioners and hydraulic tappets!

There are lessons to be learnt by Japanese companies! And until these other companies do learn, they wont get a good name for themselves!

Buy a Renualt if you want little servicing costs, but be asure that the car will be in the garage more often for warrenty repairs!

well i change my oil every 5k! I am an engineer by trade so I understand the importance of lubrication. I don't care what castrol/vw etc say, no oil will go 20k without some breakdown in the molecules.

i have a second car renault its sound no problems

Yours might be, but the rest of the UK's Renualts are no good, otherwise they wouldnt come bottom of the table in surveys all the time!

And ive worked on many of them, and the build quality is shocking compared to the Jap's!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the 10k service was required becasue a different viscocity of oil was used for the "running in" of the engine?

My understanding may be flawed though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links