Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Towbar

stewybear

When ordering my LC5 I enquired about having a towbar fitted. Straight away the dealer said that he could have one fitted without any problems. When I pressed him further, it turned out that the one that he wanted to fit was a Witter towbar.

I asked why he didn't want to fit the Toyota part and he said that it was more difficult to fit and he would have to cut the rear bumper to fit it which was not a good idea when it comes to resale value.

Anyway, I contacted Witter and they have sent me a picture and fitting instructions for their towbar cos they didn't have it on their website. Surely enough, you don't have to cut the bumper about but its not exactly pretty. It does have the same towing capacity as the Toyota part though.

I'm not sure but it looks like it might interfere with the departure angle also. This might become a problem when you are trying to navigate over the rough terrain in Sainsury's carpark :lol:

I did eventually order the Witter unit though. If you want a picture or fitting instructions then send me an email and I'll send them back by return.

my email is: combustionrus@hotmail.com

Any other thought on this?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links