Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Service!

igo-ugo-wego

my 1st service was done today! very impressive i can tell the difference in less sluggishness already! lol cost 147 quid though! they tried to persuade me to buy the wheel but i cant afford 175 quid just yet! lol unfortunately i had no discount as have not had the car over 3-4 yrs. any1 heard of this toyota rule before???

1. What wheel?

2. What discount?

3. GO GOLD HERE AND QUALIFY FOR DISCOUNTS!

Ouch that sounds waaay too much.

By coincidence mines going in tomorrow so I'll let you know.

Here in Holland the cost of the first servicecheck is € 98,-. That's in pounds around 150 quid so the prices are all the same.

What about the "sluggishness", what has changed?

Here in Holland the cost of the first servicecheck is € 98,-. That's in pounds around 150 quid so the prices are all the same.

98 euro is about £70 !

And as a Yaris service is around £80-90, that sounds about right for a similar car. I think you've been stung, my friend. :yes:

Mr T = Mr Toyota.. your local toyota dealer :P

Sorry, i changed it the wrong way. 1 quid is about 1.50 eur.

Damn TS, i looks like you've been been screwed with you clothes on :blink:

2. What discount?

3. GO GOLD HERE AND QUALIFY FOR DISCOUNTS!

Colchester Toyota have a "Vehicle Loyalty Club" for Toyotas that are 4 or more years old which is locked to the cars registration plate once it has been applied for.... you need to ask about it though because they don't normally like to mention it.

Going GOLD would be of no use to him/her if the're going to Colchester Toyota as they claimed they had never heard of TOC let alone seen a gold card until I mentioned it and showed them mine.

There is a Toyota dealer not to far away that does accept gold discounts but I ain't saying who.

And as a Yaris service is around £80-90, that sounds about right for a similar car. I think you've been stung, my friend. :yes:

Sounds like the ones round here. Wanted about £200 for a 20K service! :censor:

I went elsewhere, needless to say. ;)

Mines done now - £122.

Which dealers was that? I paid £110 at Rayleigh Toyota..

Mine was done at Andrew Rowley, Watford. I had asked them not to clean it so I didn't get a couple of teenagers giving my car the brillo pad treatment.

However I've had a good chance to check the car over now and the things I have found are:

1. Oil spilt on front bumper and wiped into a smeary mess on paintwork

2. Washer fluid over filled and spilt into engine bay

3. Oil cap on too tight

4. Battery terminal sprayed together with all components around it - including fuse box

5. No mileage entered in service book

6. Small scratch to inside door handle

7. 2 tyres at incorrect pressure

All in all about the level of damage and abuse I would expect from a main Toyota dealer - only 20 000 more miles and I can get out of the Mr T network for servicing :yes:

Mine was done at Andrew Rowley, Watford. I had asked them not to clean it so I didn't get a couple of teenagers giving my car the brillo pad treatment.

However I've had a good chance to check the car over now and the things I have found are:

3. Oil cap on too tight

4. Battery terminal sprayed together with all components around it - including fuse box

All in all about the level of damage and abuse I would expect from a main Toyota dealer - only 20 000 more miles and I can get out of the Mr T network for servicing :yes:

Isn't Hills of Stortford nearer to you now???

wow! seems as though i HAVE been well n truly stung! bit rude of them i think! lol. didnt really think of going elswhere as i thought they wud all be the same! obviously i was so wrong! lol the only thing they did badly was when they looked at my wheel in the boot, the never re-wired my sub back up! that was rather annoying!!! and when i say slugishness, i meant it didnt have as much power before the service, was a little slow in the gears, it seems to be a tad better now! pretty happy with it al in all, and they sorted out my airbag too! :D

my 1st service cost only £99 from West Riding Toyotand car had no faults :P aprt from the front 2 tyres which cost £41each to replace which is not bad i think

my 1st service cost only £99 from West Riding Toyotand car had no faults :P aprt from the front 2 tyres which cost £41each to replace which is not bad i think

Mine was similar, £98 also in Yorkskire, is there a phrase "throws money 'round like a Yorkshire man with no arms"? ;)

The first service is free and i am not thinking of taking it to toyota for thew next servicec as i will be doing them myself! i will buy genuine toyota parts to replace but im letting no toyota dealer make money over my back! :thumbsup: shouldnt you all do that? :rolleyes:

The first service is free and i am not thinking of taking it to toyota for thew next servicec as i will be doing them myself! i will buy genuine toyota parts to replace but im letting no toyota dealer make money over my back! :thumbsup: shouldnt you all do that? :rolleyes:

Only if you have the experience, the equipment and the little stamp so that you can provide a (legal) full service history.

Only if you have the experience, the equipment and the little stamp so that you can provide a (legal) full service history.

yes if you have the know how but no stamp is needed !( maybe only here) but thats how it is! I asked them and they told me as long as you do the 1st service at Mr T then you will have no problems doing the others yourself you are still under warranty :thumbsup:

yes if you have the know how but no stamp is needed !( maybe only here) but thats how it is! I asked them and they told me as long as you do the 1st service at Mr T then you will have no problems doing the others yourself you are still under warranty :thumbsup:

I believe the officvial line on this is that you do not need to have your car serviced by a recognised dealer. As long as the work is done as outlined in the service manual and the correct parts are used, you can have it done at any VAT registered garage warranty will be unaffected.

Toyota warranty - quote

''If a licensed vehicle repairer services your Toyota vehicle in accordance with Toyota's servicing guidelines, then normal warranty coverage will apply. It is however important to note that if a non-genuine part is fitted to your Toyota and that part's failure or the incorrect fitment damages your vehicle, then that damage may not be covered by your Toyota Warranty. Please note the use of non Toyota approved engine oil may void the warranty on your entire engine. For peace of mind servicing, we recommend you visit your authorised Toyota Service Centre who uses Toyota Genuine Parts and has Toyota trained technicians''.

3. Oil cap on too tight

you dont have to have your toyota serviced at a main dealer, as long as you use origional toyota parts, your warranty will cover you.

I want to stay in Toyota for the warranty period as I figure they will wriggle like hell if I want to make a complicated warranty claim and haven't serviced with them. Basically don't give them any reason to argue.

I have a service plan which works out that I have about £130 towards my services, I hope it doesn't cost much more than that! First one is not due till March!