Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4agze (ae101 Vintage)

emicen

Doing some sniffing around on these engines/cars at the moment. How reliable are the supercharger units? I know the VAG G40/60 chargers needed rebuilt every 60k and I was wondering if thats a generic supercharger thing or just their crummy chargers?

I have read online the rev limit on the engine is 6400rpm, is this correct? Seems a touch low given the 4AGE of the same 20v lineage will rev to 7400-7800 and even my big old 3SGTE will touch 7200.

I have read speculation that an exhaust (possibly with decat, never been very clear), intake and smaller pulley will raise the power to 200hp. Has anyone achieved this in the UK and knows if its safe to do? Is that figure achieved with fuelling tweaks or just the factory ECU and its overfuelling budget being used?

If only it was that simple to get 200bhp!!

Take a look at my website to see what I've done to my 4A-GZE and I'm still not getting 200bhp.

Rev limit is 7500

• 2 weeks later...

Wow mate! Just checked your webpage that engine bay is a thing of beauty. Where did you get the chromed rocker cover and pipes??? Anyway best of luck with it :thumbsup:

Cam covers were chromed locally (Cardiff) by a company who have since closed. Ad they also polished the Stainless steel pipework for me.

• 6 months later...

Seems a touch low given the 4AGE of the same 20v lineage will rev to 7400-7800

The 20v goes to 8,400rpm as standard. :toast: