Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Importing Help

jaxx

ive decided that its time to now get rid of my Yaris and replace it with something different, looking for a car thats capable of doing the daily jobs and return decent millage for money and act on winter duties

but also be a little bit rare/daft than whats available on the market :P

basically its gonna be a jap import, but i have no idea if i can physically begin to import the vehicle?

ive seen a US version (left hooker) over here? and its by no means an 'old model' so im basically asking....

how do i find out that i can legally bring such model over here without any trouble? is it a case of calling the DVLA etc.....?

:help:

Well there should be a model report for it if it's already in the UK. If there's a model report I can't see many problems, but isn't it that you can't import cars from Japan into the UK now unless they're more than 10 years old? Just out of curiosity, what is it?

I believe they only did them in automatics, just to give you a heads up ;) I've been looking at getting one recently too, but the genuine trend now for smaller engined JDM cars are for them to be automatics (try finding a manual one on a Japanese auction site, not seen one yet) Like the new Vitz is only available in manual transmission on the RS version.. Then again I guess there is the possibility of maybe converting it to a manual using Scion Xb gearbox etc?

Anything post 1997 needs to go through ESVA, which means it needs a model report. VOSA's list of publicly available model reports is here and it lists one for a Bb 1.5 auto, so you can import one of those. You'll have to contact the person on that list and see how much they want to let you use the report.

That'll let you import a completely stock car, if its got any mods etc then it won't match the model report anymore which will make things tricky (ie you'll have to get the stock bits and bolt them on for the test).

If you want a different model (not sure there is a manual version either) then you'll have to pay to get the model report created... which is expensive and probably not worth doing. You can then charge other people to use it though.

thanks Flat Pack thats superb :) just what i needed to know

Ross, i know theyre only autos, been watching them on the auctions for a bit and saw one at japshow, and thought.... new car time :P

only the states get a manual in the xB but i dont want a left hooker

ross....

you dont know anywhere on the web that details all the different trim levels aswell do you? the chassis code is straight forward, i want the NCP31 with the 1.5 engine

just want to know what the 'S' 'Z' suffixes all mean? although the 'BILLET EDITION' is mega cool!

TBH I wish I knew, I've only just found out recently what my 'F' Package Vitz consists of.

What I normally do is have a look at auctions, pop up the different spec levels (as is the S & Z, although i've also seen an S-X) then compare them side to side. I know thats not much help, but I can't see anywhere on the net that lists the package levels as is...

Is this of any use..... select the year then add all the models shown to the comparsion list....

• 2 months later...

Rob,

The guys at New Era Imports are always really useful when it comes to import costs and should give you all the detail you need and prices for import if you are looking for someone to do it for you...

All feedback I have ever heard about them has been superb :D

www.neweraimports.com/

Rob,

The guys at New Era Imports are always really useful when it comes to import costs and should give you all the detail you need and prices for import if you are looking for someone to do it for you...

www.neweraimports.com/

Ryan,

i know different ;) , we'll talk later :yes:

jaxx, the lad who brought a turbo off me today is an importer with a buyer in japland, been goin for four years and is sound if you want his number holla

jaxx, the lad who brought a turbo off me today is an importer with a buyer in japland, been goin for four years and is sound if you want his number holla

will do Ed, thanks :)

www.neweraimports.com/

I emailed them and didn't even get a reply. Got my Soarer from somebody local in the end.

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links