Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My Aygo

Julie T

Finally, after ordering it on 11th May I have my Aygo. I picked it up from RMB Toyota Teesside yesterday evening & left my Smart behind. I didn't get a set of mats though as the dealer had none left in stock, I will have to go back to get them & pay the GAP insurance at the same time. I hope I don't wear the carpet out whilst I am waiting for the mats.

Congratulations !

We need pics soon :thumbsup: What is Gap insurance ?

Oh and mats - if you got them free from the dealer no problem but if you are paying for them you may wish to consider these MATS

GAP Insurance is a policy that covers the difference between the value of a car if it is invloved in a mishap and the value of it when it was purchased. For example, someone hits you and are written off - their insurance company will only pay the current value of the car but if you have GAP then GAP will re-imburse you for the difference between that price and what you paid for it so you can then go and replace it with the same £££ you paid for it - probably allowing more for your money. :wacko:

Right so if I've understood - the Aygo cost £8000 new and was written off and insurance company offered £5000 the policy would pay you £3000.

It's not a lot of cover but I bet the premuim is expensive - and don't tell me the dealer arranges it ;)

Right so if I've understood - the Aygo cost £8000 new and was written off and insurance company offered £5000 the policy would pay you £3000.

It's not a lot of cover but I bet the premuim is expensive - and don't tell me the dealer arranges it ;)

If I remember its £329 I think for the life of your ownership.

GAP Insurance (Guaranteed Asset Protection) is available online from some reputable insurance companies at considerably less than Mr T will charge you.

It is well worth doing a search on Google under GAP insurance :thumbsup:

The dealer is arranging the GAP for me. I know I couldn't afford the deposit for another car at the moment if something happened, that the GAP could cover of course. It's around £300.

Now here's a question, how easy is it to get the petrol cap off? I've never had a car with a locking fuel cap before. I've read the instructions but daren't fiddle with it yet as the tank is full and there could be fuel waiting to spurt out from the neck. I don't want to look stupid first time I take it to a garage.

The dealer is arranging the GAP for me. I know I couldn't afford the deposit for another car at the moment if something happened, that the GAP could cover of course. It's around £300.

Now here's a question, how easy is it to get the petrol cap off? I've never had a car with a locking fuel cap before. I've read the instructions but daren't fiddle with it yet as the tank is full and there could be fuel waiting to spurt out from the neck. I don't want to look stupid first time I take it to a garage.

You can get GAP insurance for £150 elsewhere so don't take Mr T's - it's the same insurance. Just Google Gap Car Insurance and you'll same yourself plenty money. There's one that does 4 years cover for £215 too.

The petrol cap - I just put the key in turn to the left about 45 degrees then take the key out. Unscrew the cap and hook on the inside of the flap, fill with petrol and then screw the cap back on until it clicks. Never had a problem yet :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links