Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Engine Is Fitted To My Corolla?

DCM

Hi, new member here with a question,

:help: ive recently bought a second Corolla 1.8 gxi 1993 model and when checking the chassis number and the engine number i have realised that the engine has been changed at some stage. It is suposed to have a 7afe engine but the number on the engine block reads 5A 4622*** which i am thinking could be a 5afe jap import engine. i need to find out the cc of this engine and what it may have come out of so i can get my log book changed, any help much appreciated. I can give the full engine number if it would help. :thumbsup:

Here is some photos of my 1994 GXI :)

2507261930093782308TAzZRA_ph.jpg

2300183200093782308PbgPZL_ph.jpg

only 5a i know of is the Paseo motor, but why would that be transplanted as the 7afe has more power? :huh::unsure:

Welcome to TOC btw :thumbsup:

probably the previous owner blown the engine and replaced it with the 5a??

probabaly cheaper to replace??

Thanks for the help and also for the welcome :thumbsup:

ive seen on another site on toyota engines that the 5afe pushes out 100bhp which is down 18bhp on the 7afe but to drive it you wouldnt notice that much. Whoever changed it over put the running gear of the 7afe on it including the rocker cover with the 7afe label, must have wanted to disguise it.

anyway cheers

My photos dont seem to be coming up, ill have to put up some more - im still getting used to the site ;)

Whoever changed it over put the running gear of the 7afe on it including the rocker cover with the 7afe label, must have wanted to disguise it.

Sneaky hoors, I'm sure if you were that pushed, you could pick up a motor for her up north, or give ivi engines on the naas road a ring...

Whoever changed it over put the running gear of the 7afe on it including the rocker cover with the 7afe label, must have wanted to disguise it.

Sneaky hoors, I'm sure if you were that pushed, you could pick up a motor for her up north, or give ivi engines on the naas road a ring...

I will probably be selling it on again once i get the log book changed to a 1.5 litre, cheaper tax and insurance than a 1.8, it passed the NCT about three weeks ago but ill wait till the log book is sorted before i advertise it.

• 1 month later...

Hi, new member here with a question,

:help: ive recently bought a second Corolla 1.8 gxi 1993 model and when checking the chassis number and the engine number i have realised that the engine has been changed at some stage. It is suposed to have a 7afe engine but the number on the engine block reads 5A 4622*** which i am thinking could be a 5afe jap import engine. i need to find out the cc of this engine and what it may have come out of so i can get my log book changed, any help much appreciated. I can give the full engine number if it would help. :thumbsup:

Here is some photos of my 1994 GXI :)

2507261930093782308TAzZRA_ph.jpg

2300183200093782308PbgPZL_ph.jpg

hi sir, check this site: Toyota Corolla