Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Respray Cost?

Cindy

Any idea of how much a repaint would cost for celica gen 6 in black?

Couldn`t I just add a gloss coat to bring back the shine and hide any scratches? Do

companies do this?

Do I look under the phonebook for respray, repaint, car paint, etc?

I don`t know about any garages near me that repaint cars.

Thanks.

Where abouts are you?? UK is a bit vague!! :lol:

Some of the members might live somewhere nearby and could recommend somewhere :thumbsup:

You should be able to get away with a touch up and blow over, which is where they will tocuh up any stone chips and dents first - then spray the whole car with a quick coat of black then put some laquer on after.

I guess your looking at a few hundred quid :thumbsup:

Im considering a full re-spray for mine once I have the money, if anyone knows a decent bodyshop in the North West, let me know! :thumbsup:

I looked into a re-spray for mine in black a few months back - there was a thread , cant remember the quotes but it didnt seem worthwhile . Some one recomended getting it proffesionally compound ? (is that the right term??) basically a wax/polish etc etc with a machine , and that would hide any minor blemishes and scratches ! I was told about £80-£100 for this but it takes hours and the results are amazing and last !!

It seems there are really cheap places in the U.S. where its not such a big deal to get your car resprayed......bit far away though :D

It seems there are really cheap places in the U.S. where its not such a big deal to get your car resprayed......bit far away though :D

:lol: Welcome to rip-off Britain . Got any life-savings mate ? start a cheap paint job chain , i reckon it would do well.......

I looked into a re-spray for mine in black a few months back - there was a thread , cant remember the quotes but it didnt seem worthwhile . Some one recomended getting it proffesionally compound ? (is that the right term??) basically a wax/polish etc etc with a machine , and that would hide any minor blemishes and scratches ! I was told about £80-£100 for this but it takes hours and the results are amazing and last !!

The passenger side on mine needs a bit of work tho, it has quite a bad scuff on the door, plus little dents here and there, which is to expected with a 12 yr old car, think i'd need a full re-spray, although £100 for a buff-over sounds cheaper to me! :lol::huh:

:lol: Welcome to rip-off Britain . Got any life-savings mate ? start a cheap paint job chain , i reckon it would do well.......

:laughing: yeah...not a bad idea. no savings though <_< so i'd be looking for investors :thumbsup::cowboy:

and people to do the masking up cause i hate that.

:laughing: yeah...not a bad idea. no savings though <_< so i'd be looking for investors :thumbsup::cowboy:

and people to do the masking up cause i hate that.

;) You'd be the owner , you'd hire slaves....i mean employee's to do all the dirty work :lol:

Seriously though , there's major chain stores in America that do re-sprays , I wonder if it would take off here ?? Say full re-spray £400 or £500 for metallic and a charge for prep work , bodykits too ! I wonder if you could make money there........... :unsure:

The passenger side on mine needs a bit of work tho, it has quite a bad scuff on the door, plus little dents here and there, which is to expected with a 12 yr old car, think i'd need a full re-spray, although £100 for a buff-over sounds cheaper to me! :lol::huh:

Mate new door ebay/scrapys/or somewhere (shouldnt be too hard) + mobile dent removal company + compoud = 1 sexyful GT4

And cheaper than a re-spray i bet !!

Mate new door ebay/scrapys/or somewhere (shouldnt be too hard) + mobile dent removal company + compoud = 1 sexyful GT4

And cheaper than a re-spray i bet !!

Might look into that too :thumbsup: just the idea of a full re-spray, comes back with no dents, and sexy new paint :drool:

I'll get some prices from bodyshops and see how much they want :!Removed!: :lol:

Might look into that too :thumbsup: just the idea of a full re-spray, comes back with no dents, and sexy new paint :drool:

I'll get some prices from bodyshops and see how much they want :!Removed!: :lol:

Then some plonker in Tesco runs a trolley into it. :ffs:

Dont say that! :lol:

Was walking to my car in a car park the other night and on route I saw a woman getting out a corsa and hit a passat three times in a row with her door, She must have parked next to it then bumped it when she opened the door and then must have thought if she pushed her door really hard the passat would move, so she tried that and then she gave up and hit it a third time, this time she held it aginst the passat to stop it bouncing and managed to squeeze herself and her hand bag out of her drivers door. She then swings her bag over her shoulder hitting the passat with the handbag too and locks her car and walks away. I am sure she did not even take in what she was doing.

Was walking to my car in a car park the other night and on route I saw a woman getting out a corsa and hit a passat three times in a row with her door, She must have parked next to it then bumped it when she opened the door and then must have thought if she pushed her door really hard the passat would move, so she tried that and then she gave up and hit it a third time, this time she held it aginst the passat to stop it bouncing and managed to squeeze herself and her hand bag out of her drivers door. She then swings her bag over her shoulder hitting the passat with the handbag too and locks her car and walks away. I am sure she did not even take in what she was doing.

Honest to god if that was my passat i'd slap her , no i'd take her to the dessert and leave her there for the whole month of August no no actually i'd wait til she disapeared then walk past her car and "accidently" drop my keys....pick em up and slash her tyres/use my key and her bodywork to help me back up :boxing:

That is just soooo annoying , i work at glasgow airport and the stewardess's there do the same everytime......

Honest to god if that was my passat i'd slap her , no i'd take her to the dessert and leave her there for the whole month of August no no actually i'd wait til she disapeared then walk past her car and "accidently" drop my keys....pick em up and slash her tyres/use my key and her bodywork to help me back up :boxing:

:lol::lol: Got a few ideas then? :D :P

:lol::lol::lol:

I know good eh , but a cars like the second most expensive thing you'll ever buy and for some stupid &#33;Removed&#33; women to damage it without a care in the world makes :bash::chair::death::gunsmilie::nono: me mad. I hate to imagine what i'd if someone damaged my wee cecil the celica :lol::lol:

I know good eh , but a cars like the second most expensive thing you'll ever buy and for some stupid &#33;Removed&#33; women to damage it without a care in the world makes :bash::chair::death::gunsmilie::nono: me mad. I hate to imagine what i'd if someone damaged my wee cecil the celica :lol::lol:

I know what i`d do............ About 10 years. :yes::lol:

Spot on mate, i'd be the same :D :thumbsup:

Got a few ideas then? :D :P

I know good eh , but a cars like the second most expensive thing you'll ever buy and for some stupid &#33;Removed&#33; women to damage it without a care in the world makes me mad. I hate to imagine what i'd if someone damaged my wee cecil the celica

Spot on mate, i'd be the same :D :thumbsup:

And hence why I now use the company car for the shopping :D :thumbsup: It not even my car and I still cringe when I see people parked close to it :censor:

When I get another four it won't be going anywhere near a Tescos Sainsburys or any other supermarkets :ffs:

On a plus note the police finally stopped eating donuts and gave their report to my insurers so it should all be sorted in the next week or so and I can finally start looking for a new one properly :yes:

On a plus note the police finally stopped eating donuts and gave their report to my insurers so it should all be sorted in the next week or so and I can finally start looking for a new one properly :yes:

Thats good news mate :D :thumbsup:

Yeah about time too !

:thumbsup: Some 4's going at great prices just now too !

Yeah about time too !

:thumbsup: Some 4's going at great prices just now too !

Tell me about it, just gotta find one in as good if not better condition than the last otherwise I'll miss her too much :crybaby:

You could try somewhere like Permagard, they reckon dependent upon the level of deterioration to the paintwork, their treatment might save a respray jobbie. Worth a crack for £150-200.....:thumbsup:

• 14 years later...

My celica is 2001 and as with most cars with a base coat and clear laquer, cutting back with abrasive polish will not cure tired and faded paint.

A full respray including minor dents and corrosion is going to be 2 to 3 thousand.. way more than any car of this age is worth. 

I always wondered (as to the OP's question) what affect just applying a new coat of clear lacquer (Maybe one with a tint or metallic flakes in it) to the appearance of refreshing my car, as a compromise to a full respray?