Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Music Boffs.....

Karma Supra

Just wondering... a question for all you music fans out there....

I have been a DJ shadow fan for years, since his "entroducing" album in '96 (awesome album, you will recognise tunes off it, many are used in TV) He had another album then went on to form Unkle, which was not his best... (although the most "mainstream" some he did was "rabbit on your headlights" with the deppressive chap from radiohead... very good collaboration......

(those who don;t have a clue what I am talking about download "midnight in a perfect world" or "building steam with a pinch of salt" too get a flavour for the style, its pretty distinct, kind of chilled hip hopish intrumentals, I have never heard anyong that has not found it interesting!)

Anyway, listening to some Massive attack stuff earlier, some of it sounds very similar, almost uncannily similar in places, does anyone know if they ever worked together??

Not as far as I know, Massive Attack did work with Tricky for a while. DJ Shadow didn't technically form U.N.K.L.E but produced quite a few of their tracks. They all came from the Mo'Wax label as a collective of producers.

I photographed Shadow at Wembley Arena on Sept 9th 1997. :yes:

I only know of one DJ shadow track, and thats Organ Doner. Heard it on a BBoy BC one 2005 trailer, cool tune - different.

Anyway, thats my input. May have to go away and listen to some more :)

No as far as Im aware... not at home a min to check the old cd & vinyl collectio. Can't remember if they're on the same label... if so then producers may have crossed paths.

Could just be that they take their influences from similar music/artists.

Either way, they're both very good.... So are Aim... similar in essence to these two.

DJ Shadow is under the Mo Wax label, Massive Attack are under Virgin. It could be that samples have been "borrowed" in both cases from original sources. Heard some new material from Mr Shadow the other night which sounded good.

It was the same when I first heard some Nightmare on Wax songs........haven't I heard this somewhere else before?

Joe

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links