Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new Sequoia

raydel

Just bought a new Sequoia Limited. My first Toyota and very excited. Want to do things right to really take care of engine and add some exterior mods (Toyota spec) as well. I hope that I can get good advice from this Forum. When should I do my first oil change and what kind of oil should I use...only 240 miles on the car thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

Well follow the Toyota scheduled maintenance...and since its an 8 cylinder i would imagine your using some preety thick oil...max 80w-90 in the summer time. a lil less thick in winter.

yummy.. thats nice!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Since I'm 200 miles away from my dealer - I do my own maitnenance (and save a bunch). I use Mobil 100% synthetic oil and change the oil and filter about every 5,000 miles. (5W-30 in the winter and 10W-30 in the summer) ....due to Northern Michigans dramatic climate change.

I buy all the supplies at Walmart and my net cost to do the oil changes is about what it would cost to have the local Quik Lube do it with the cheap oil.

By the way- the bolts that hold the protetive metal casing (to get to the filter) seem to strip rather easily.

• 5 months later...

I recently performed the 5k service and noticed that the service manual recommends lubing the Propeller Shaft. Any idea how to perform this service? I suspect it might be a move by Toyota to get people to go get people to see a dealer for normal lube maintenance. thanks