Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 6 Wheel Bearings

Tarby777

Hi all,

I'm after a wheel bearing for my ST. My mechanic is in sharp-intake-of-breath / thats-gonna-cost-you mode, saying they're hard to get after-market and he'll probably have to get one from Toyota, and he's expecting it to cost something like £200-300.

Does that sound about right? Any recommendation where I might get one cheaper in the Manchester / Cheshire area?

TIA

Tarby

SKF do a wheel bearing kit (bearing and seals) for the gen5. I expect they do one for the gen6 (it might even be the same). It should cost under £50 for a front bearing. Try Goldline bearings in Telford. :thumbsup:

I got mine from Unipart/Partco. Blueline parts. Guess what was on the bearing???? Yep. SKF. £38 something plus the dreaded VAT. The SKF part number is K8000-112366.

Fits the ST202 Front & also fits ST182 Front. And ST 185 Front & Rear. :thumbsup:

Lads, thanks for your replies so far. I should have said at the outset that these are rear wheel bearings, which I gather (from my mechanic) are an altogether different thing from front bearings... fancy, sealed-unit kinda things that are factory-pressed and not designed to be opened up to work on. Will your suppliers carry these too?

BTW, He got a price from Toyota of something like £180 + VAT for one!

TIA

Tarby

Timken do a hub unit, which as you say is a sealed affair. The part number for this is TM512137 All we need now is a supplier. They`re priced at $78 in the states. :blink:

512137.jpg

Mike your part number is the catalogue part number. I was referring to the number etched on the bearing. Sorry for any confusion. :thumbsup:

Timken do a hub unit, which as you say is a sealed affair. The part number for this is TM512137 All we need now is a supplier. They`re priced at $78 in the states. :blink:

Cheers Daktari. According to Timken's website, Goldline is one of their UK distributors, so I'll give them a try. Thanks again :thumbsup:

Go to yell.com and type in BRT bearings. Get one of their many outlets close to you. Sorry I am quite ignorant of English geography, and never been to Stockport.

My closest branch had the Gen 6 rear's on the shelf and gave me them for £46 plus vat each. I know them and so I got discount up here. They also do a nice premier bearing kit (which is the SKF bearing with a seal pack for the front, as fitted by Toyota for cheap as chips too).

Any trouble pm me and I will give you their part number it just means I will have to look out the invoice which is ... erm ... filed away.

PS slap your mechanic for having a p1ss poor attitude. If he could not advise you of something like this then he deserves a good slapping.

Any longer than one hour for fitting this bolt on part he is also taking the P1ss and get you dog to fit it. If you can change rear brakes the bearing is as complicated as removing the wheel, only the bearing has four bolts not five. Seriously it is a snip to fit and you should not take any snash off him about the job being hard or complex. Wheel off, rear brake disk off , and I suppose you should also take the brake shoes off, remove bearing (4 bolts) replace with new unit and small seal and then rebuild. Nothing to it

Mike your part number is the catalogue part number. I was referring to the number etched on the bearing. Sorry for any confusion. :thumbsup:

Ah, that explains it. The SKF front 'kit' includes the seals - toyota charge around £40 for the seals alone! :o

I had to replace one of my rears on the GT, was quoted around £170 delivered from cheaptoyparts and £200 from MR T , ended up having to get it from MR T as they could supply it a lot faster , its very expensive but there is a good bit to it , there so easy to fit that i doubt you would pay much labour , takes about 20 mins to fit if that ..

Kev