Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis In Car Original Cd Trouble

alonw

does anyone have any idea how to overcome cd`s reluctance to play burned cd`s - it starts skipping after about 5 minutes of play

You CD player may be pre CD-R. CD-Rs use a different laser that normal CDs.

It also may depend on what time of CD-R you are using. 700mb don't work in older players.

650mb work best if you burn at low speeds.

:eek: I bought my corolla at the start of this year and it had an older CD player and it dosen't like 700mb CD-Rs and so i tried a 650mb, it played and then it started to skip.

Personally I would get a new CD player, it would be alot cheaper than buying original CDs.

:blink: Because thats all thats gonna work in ya CD player.

I don't know much about Avensis, i don't even know what they look like?

But if you took it to a stereo retailer they can possiably take it and put a new one in. However this may cost you more!

You may have to sacrifice the trip computer! :crybaby:

Have you got a pic of the car and dash?

I normally find that by trying a few different brand's of CDR's you'll find one that works in the car, not all blanks are the same quality and you'll need to find on that gets on with the head unit....

I normally find that by trying a few different brand's of CDR's you'll find one that works in the car, not all blanks are the same quality and you'll need to find on that gets on with the head unit....

Yer good point, try and get a good brand or buy the orignals!

If you can find 650mb CD-R they usual work best!

I've never had a prob with the bigger ones and have found it doesnt necessarily have to be an expensive brand, I have found some cheap unbranded ones that work perfectly although the expesnive brands dont tend to scracth as easily which means I dont have to throw them away as often...

Mind you by the time they scracth I'm normally bored of them and have burnt new ones already...

If you scratch it, Brasso it! It works!

In your case, try cleaning the lense, it may be something silly like that. However, to do it properly you're talking taking the stereo to bits! :wacko:

:thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

Yer good point, try and get a good brand or buy the orignals!

If you can find 650mb CD-R they usual work best!

I've found that it's not CD's, it's certain CD/DVD-RW Drives. I built two near enough identical PC's, and one would burn cd's that would play in my avensis, and the other the cd player would read err1. It turned out to be different models of DVD-RW drives, and the Liteon SHM-165H6S works perfectly for burning cd's for my taxi. Hope this helps :D

Daz