Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed Resticter?

Wolves on fire

Hi Guys.

Just got back from showing those little Corsa kids how to drive.

I have got an Imported Gen 6 2.0L BEAMS. I was going around 120-125mph in 5th gear at about 5000rpm (redline 7000rpm) when it felt that the engine bounced back of a restricter, ie when you go into the red. The car was still pulling well until this.

Do any of you know why this has happended??

Are the Jap cars restricted ??

Any ideas

By the way if you were wondering i did leave the corsa and its spotty owner.

Hi Guys.

I have got an Imported Gen 6 2.0L BEAMS. I was going around 120-125mph in 5th gear at about 5000rpm (redline 7000rpm) when it felt that the engine bounced back of a restricter, ie when you go into the red. The car was still pulling well until this.

Any ideas

all jap cars are limited to 112mph. That's how fast you were going. It is fairly straightforward to derestrict it though.

Hi Guys.

Any ideas

Nice one, the clock stops at 110 it looked like the speedo was well past that. Any ideas where i can have it taken off or is it a diy job

www.eliteinternational.co.uk

SPEED CONVERTERS > ELECTRONIC CONVERTERS > E0021 Speed Converter

Manufactured by Elite International

Km/h to MPH Speedo Converter

Changes all Kilometers Readings to Miles

For all Electronic Speedo Heads Except Nissan & Mazda

Also Delimits 90 of Vehicles

Supplied with MPH Logo so you do not require Speedo Face

Easy To Install

25 quid

Thanks for the info GT4 Booster, I have called them up and they are coming to fit one and change the dials next week. £100 pound all in not bad.

Thanks for the info GT4 Booster, I have called them up and they are coming to fit one and change the dials next week. £100 pound all in not bad.

:o £100 , how often you gonna be above 112 ? i couldnt spend a ton on that.........I'll keep mine re-stricted i think

:o £100 , how often you gonna be above 112 ? i couldnt spend a ton on that.........I'll keep mine re-stricted i think

TBH your right but as long as you can deal with the fact you have a top end most corsa's would beat, then thats fine, keep the 100 quid! :thumbsup:

Or buy one and fit it yourself? :huh:

£25, Job done :thumbsup:

TBH your right but as long as you can deal with the fact you have a top end most corsa's would beat, then thats fine, keep the 100 quid! :thumbsup:

:lol: I wouldnt even entertain a corsa driver

Your proberbly right guys, i will keep my 100 quid.

As for corsa drivers how dare they!!!! It p$##es me right off

Should have just fitted it yourself, it's a piece of ***** to do.

especially considering that for £100 you could probably get a full UK dial assembly thing, which would have you reading happily in miles and remove the restriction as well, and again it's a piece of ***** to fit.

Your proberbly right guys, i will keep my 100 quid.

As for corsa drivers how dare they!!!! It p$##es me right off

Mate it is a piece of ***** to do yourself really .

As for corsa drivers what a cheek to even try and race a red-top :thumbsup: Its nice to school them but its even better to ignore the spotty little muppets

Should have just fitted it yourself, it's a piece of ***** to do.

especially considering that for £100 you could probably get a full UK dial assembly thing, which would have you reading happily in miles and remove the restriction as well, and again it's a piece of ***** to fit.

The price is with new UK dials, they go upto 180mph where as mine finish at 110 at the mo.

i would just buy the delimiter chip and fit it myself as suggested by others.

As you said you were doing 120-125... you probably was as the limiter isnt very accurate. I have had my limited jap celi up to 125mph.

The good thing with my car is that the dials go up to 180.. and when i fit the chip that will be 180mph it will read to :yes:

***oh and thanks for the info booster... ive just ordered one of them (by mistake tho...LOL :lol: )

***oh and thanks for the info booster... ive just ordered one of them (by mistake tho...LOL :lol: )

Ive bought one from Elite International, top quality service, arrived next day :thumbsup:

:) cool.

I was looking at them and wanted to see how much postage was... so just filled in name, address, phone no. .... and then they said "thankyou for your order, we will call u soon to make payment" lol :lol: but i was happy with that anyway as £25 delivered is great!