Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Key Question

HowardL

My Yaris that I have just bought 2nd hand has only one key, in the handbook its says there should be a plate with a number, but I aint got one, I managed to get in contact with the previous owner and he said he only ever had one key (it was a european import if that makes a difference ) what does anyone suggest I do, can I just go to toyota and give them my one and only key and get them to copy it?....I guess it will be expensive :yes:

I have no idea i am sure someone does on here! Best bet it to go to toyota and ask!

Interesting they quoted you £200, i had my key replaced it cost me £125 although i had the little plate that comes along...although the guy who served me said,if you didn't have that we charge a small fee..think it was a tenner..otherwise holla the guys at www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk..they should be able to sort something out.

Yeah, it'd be cheaper if you have your key number..... which is obviously why they're charging so much....

I had someone contacting me for the keys for my last Yaris... well they rang my parents, said they'd call back and never did.... :unsure:

£200 :blink:

You shouldn't be looking any more than £120.

If you've got a key with 2 buttons on, it'll be around £53+Vat for the key, and £25+VAT for the coding as its only a half hour job to code the keys into the car.

If its a plain key with no buttons, it'll be £25+Vat for the key, and the same coding charge as above,

Only thing I can think is that the key you have is only a plain GREY one, which is a bugger as you need at least 1 Master (black key), then you will need a new lockset and transponder ECU.

If they can't order a key for you car using the chassis number aswell, they can take a photocopy of the key and then send it off to the key suppliers to be cut.

:thumbsup:

You can do the coding yourself, i found the instructions how to do it on another toyota forum. it takes no more than 5 minz to do it!

You can do the coding yourself, i found the instructions how to do it on another toyota forum. it takes no more than 5 minz to do it!

And?.....................................................

It would help the guy if you posted the instructions, or do we have to guess?

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links