Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My 1st Avensis

campioni06

Hello all,

Very recently sold my 18mpg Shogun and bought an Avensis. Great drive, unbelievable fuel economy but a couple of newbie questions if I may -

1. Steering pulls a bit to the left. I've read some posts and I've got 2 diff tyres on the front, am I best swapping the wheels with the rears which have got the same tyres on?

2. Bought it from Toyota dealer which includes the 1 year warantee plus b/down cover. Having looked in the black users folder thing theres no documentation or policy, should there be?

3. Apart from 'quick start guide' no owners manual with the car, again should there be?

Cheers.

1. Steering pulls...

First, you need two tyres the same brand and SAME WEAR at the front. Swap them with the back ones, but back left to front left and back right to front right. NO OTHER WAY ARROUND. Second, you need to do steering alignment. You need both things done to make sure everything is on it's place. Yet, as you'll have two different tyres on the back, you still might experience slight pulling on the side. If that happens (not much probable) you'll need to get two tyres same brand to the back.

2. I don't know about warranty documents because new car doesn't bring any warranty contract. As your car is used and you get 1 year warranty, all you need is receipt for buying that car, that has correct date on it, licence plate number and your name. That's all you need for warranty claims.

3. You should have user's manual. Go back to the dealer and ask for one, as you have the right to have it. Each car comes from the factory with complete user's manual, not only quick start guide. Yours was probably taken out and given to other customer that didn't have it or to some friend who lost it. When they sell used car they MUST give it with user's manual, especialy if it's Toyota Dealer. Don't let them fool you.

By the way, how many miles your car has?

Good luck

Hi there! Just new in myself :)

1- dont know, to new to the car myself but someone will be along to help.

2- Yes, you should have a policy booklet with a full breakdown of your cover. Best give them a call.

3- Yes, you should have got a full owners manual. Again, call the dealer (which they will probably charge you for).

Thanks for the replies, will get the tyres swapped n alignment done at the weekend.

Will them a call re the owners manual, kind of thought it was strange not to have one.

Bosnjo - 37000miles on it, 2 owners from new.

I have two different brand tyres on the front, (both brand new)

Dunlop SP 2000 and Bridgestone of some sort, car does not pull in my case.

(both same type of construction - radial as it would fail the MOT)

- though it could pull if they are different wear I suppose?

The breakdown cover follows in about 2-4 weeks and is issued by Toyota head office (they need a bit of time to process the dealers info and print your name on the plastic 'credit' card membership card which is part of the 1 year Club Toyota pack.

Not sure about the warranty bit. If the car is less than 3 years old and has a whole year of manufacturers warranty left (as in my case), you don't get anything as the manufacturers warranty prevails.

You should have a handbook, usually dealers leave it in the glove box.

My twopence worth,

Toyota dealer should not sell you car that is pulling to the left. I would bring it back and get them to fix by putting 2 new tyres on front with balancing and tracking done.

As Bosnjo said garage should also supply owners manual for car. I did not get one with my last car and when I asked they got me one free of charge.

Good Luck.

Toyota dealer should not sell you car that is pulling to the left. I would bring it back and get them to fix by putting 2 new tyres on front with balancing and tracking done.

I agree, they shouldn't have sold you the car with those tyres. Try to make them pay for changing.

Thanks people will speak to Toyota tomorow and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your advice everyone. :thumbsup:

Called Toyota late Friday and today received my receipt showing all details for the warranty and breakdown cover. They were apologetic and said they're gonna get a users handbook and stick in the post.

They also told me to take the car to my local Toyota dealer to get the tyres/tracking looked at.

Cheers everyone. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links