Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

30k Service And Warranty Claims.

ecodoc

My 2004 Prius has just a tad under 29k on the clock and was due for its service.

When I booked it in at Bateman Toyota(Grange-over-Sands,Cumbria) I also mentioned the centre armrest cover,the corroding alloys,the intermittent fault on the CD autochanger and last but not least, the truely aweful paintwork which scratches so easily. :crybaby:

Mike(the service Manager)was very good and listened to my complaints and took them seriously. :thumbsup:

I got a Yaris courtesy car (big/smallstill=SMALL when you`re 6'2"!). :P

The cost of the sevice was £103.20,breakdown as follows:-

30k intermediate service £41.21

Engine oil £22.02

Consumables £2.95

Screenwash £0.89

Oil filter £7.00

Drain plug gasket £0.68

Air filter £13.08

Net £87.83

VAT £15.37

Total £103.20

I though this was very good, also Mike delivered my Prius back to me as he lives close to Barrow.

The car was washed and vac`d. :D

The warranty issues that were addressed today were, new alloys and a new center arm rest cover.

regarding the CD changer apparently this will require the dealership filling in a form and sending it off to Toyota for further consideration....

And finally the paint.......

When I got the car it was about a year old and had a few scratches which I was a bit suprised about but touched up with the official Toyota paint.

I`ve now had the car about 17 months and every single panel has fine easily discernable scratches except the bonnet(which is apparently plastic).Some of these scratches are several inches long! :help:

I got Mike to look at the paintwork, he umm`d and ahh`d a bit. Then he did `the finger nail` test and you should have seen the shock on his face when he instantly produced a new scratch on th paint ! :eek:

The upshot is that he will be filling in a form and sending it off to Toyota and then a Toyota enginner will probably come to assess the `situation`.

So all in all a very positive experience so far and I will let you know how it goes with the paint.

Thumbs up to Mike the service manager and Batemans Toyota at grange. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, console and alloys.....same as me. again, no problems.

I'm not overly happy with the paint but I used an electric buffer early in the cars life and wish I hadn't! unsure:

40K service due in next few weeks, we'll see how it goes.

Hi Braindead! :D

Just to update,

I`m due to take the Pruis back to the Garage at the end of August for further assessment of the paint by a Toyota engineer. :eek:

Will let you know how it goes,good luck with the 40K service. :thumbsup:

ecodoc

It sounds like you have a good garage. Be warned however, that there have been some shortcomings when it comes to non-standard warranty issues involving Toyota. This is especially true for cases that might initiate recalls (which your paint job could be). You must accept that the engineer's remit will be to minimise warranty claims issues and you should stand by your guns if you think that the paintwork is a genuine issue.

Good luck.

Thanks Ken,

I will certainly give that great consideration in the ensuing `discussion`! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not overly happy with the paint but I used an electric buffer early in the cars life and wish I hadn't! unsure:

Hi Braindead,

Have you had your 40k service yet.

Just booked mine in and my local dealer is offering a 10% discount for online service bookings, but it still worked out at £152. Previous services have been around £80 - £90. I know there is more to do on the 40k, but didn't expect it to be so much.

How much did yours cost?

Just had my TSpirit 11.5 months old 20k service at Toyota in Bromsgrove. A very good experience, much better than Brooklyn Toyota in Worcester! I mentioned and they noted that there was some blistering on the spoke edges on the alloys, but suggested waiting a while yet before beating up Mr T.

The oil was overfilled again acording to the dipstick, but they assure me they go on oil volume rather than the dipstick.

Trafficman :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Paint has been `assessed` by a Toyota Engineer and a written report sent to toyota UK.......

We wait with baited breathe! ;)

Ecodoc, I had a similar 'response' on a totally different warranty issue. Toyota in fact never sent the report to the dealership as was promised. Despite numerous phone calls it took Toyota over a month to provide a copy which was then forwarded to me. The report did not address the issues which I had identified and the problem is 'ongoing' (can't say more than that at this stage).

I expect you will need to chase the dealership if you are to make any progress. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Ken,

some good news. Toyota have accepted the warranty claim for the CD player(my local garage sent me a card to let me know). :thumbsup:

I`m going to get the replacement when I have the safety recal steering modification carried our(just got the recall notice today).

Still very quiet on the `paint` front.......Spoke to the service Manager and he suggested giving it some time yet. :blink:

I hope they don`t think I`m just going to roll over and forget about it because that CERTAINLY will not be happening! ;)

Cheers,Mike.

• 5 weeks later...

An update,CD player replaced now under warranty and working fine. :yahoo:

Spoke to Mike the Garage service Manager regarding the `paint` issue;he has not heard anything from Toyota. :huh:

He advised me to take it up with Toyota Customer services.......so I will!

Updates to follow. ;)

Hi Braindead,

Have you had your 40k service yet.

Just booked mine in and my local dealer is offering a 10% discount for online service bookings, but it still worked out at £152. Previous services have been around £80 - £90. I know there is more to do on the 40k, but didn't expect it to be so much.

How much did yours cost?

Mine was about that though I took my own oil again :)

They wouldn't give me my 10% as they said when they tried to check with TOC, the web site didn't show the card as valid. Questions to TOC hierachy have not yielded a good answer so I guess I won't be renewing.

However, they did give me 5% as a gesture of good will.

BTW, when I left the oil, I put a note on it asking that they fill to UNDER the max line and I'd top up. Previously it was well over. I can report that mpg is improved by 3-4mpg :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links