Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Lucida Radiator

msu

Hi,

I am thinking of changing my Lucida's radiator. I wonder if someone may suggest whether it is easier to remove it from the bottom or top?

The original radiator has got foam sealing between radiator and airconditioning grill. Is it necessary to fit it back?

Regards,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you changed it yet.....

Not yet..... reason being the car is still running fine for day to day running under urban conditions. Change is however due, to make the car reliable for long journeys.

To change the rad takes about an hour, remove from top, wiggle past fan... best to replace foam..... :D

Thanks for your hint.

Besides changing the radiator, I am also looking into the option of putting an extra manually controlled radiator fan in front of A/C grill that will force air into the radiator.

Any success stories in reducing undue overheating using this method?

Any preferable radiator fan (car model etc.)? Shall appreciate any tip/ trick/precautions in using this approach.

Thanks

After a lot of research on another site they found that the viscous fan was much better than electric fans, as long as it is working properly... :D

After a lot of research on another site they found that the viscous fan was much better than electric fans, as long as it is working properly... :D

I am not thinking of changing viscous fan with electric one. Just another fan in front of a/c grill (in reverse direction).

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links