Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help!

Rudyjr

I have a 96 4 cylinder Camry with the dreaded intermittent idle problem. The car will sometimes shudder slightly while it is being driven at speed and then the idle will pulsate up and down when you come to a stop.If you put it in neutral and rev the engine the idle wil return to normal sometimes for a short while other times a long while. This problem usually manifests itself when it is warmer outside. Sometimes it goes for days without doing it sometimes it is almost undriveable. It has never done it when it is in the shop or dealer and there is no check engine light. I have cleaned the IAC and the EGR valve and replaced the coolant temperature sensor, no difference. I am afraid a family memeber may get into an accident if this car dies unexpectedly when attempting to make turn. I desperately need some help from someone who has had some luck resolving this with their car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links