Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lacquer Peeling Off Of Car

Lights

HI All,

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with lacquer peeling off their cars - I've a 95 ST205 and the lacquer has peeled off ( 10p piece size ) in a couple of places on the front wing - gonna cover these over with a lacquer touch up stick as a short term solution as each time it rains, more peels off, and living in Ireland I may not have any lacquer on the wing after a few more weeks.

Am I the only one ? Suppose respray is the only solution.. :huh:

Ohhhhhhh that isnt good. That really shoudnt happen.

Have you had the car from new? Has it ever been in an accident? Or needed a new wing for some reason?

As far as i know the paint they use is very good and its finished well.

I'd get a body shop to take a look because that will get worse and worse.

Nope - only bought the car recently - not too worried to be honest as I bought the car cheap and mechanically it's 100% - the wing may have been resprayed at some stage as it's not a perfect colur match with the rest of the car.

I have to get the side skirts and front splitters sorted too as the bonding glue on them seems to be losing it's grip - I'll ask the bodyshop to quote me for a respray while I'm at it.

I suppose it's an 8yr old car so small things like this are to be expected.. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Have a little delve into the history of the car, has it had a bump etc new wing, if not secondly have a close look under a magnifier where the laquer started to come off, is there any stone marks where something may of hit it if not then I would be tempted to ring a Toyota dealership and ask who the paint originally comes from.

For example if you can find out companies such as Akzo Nobel one of the world's largest suppliers of paint to the industry carry something like a 10 year warranty saying their paint will not blister etyc, it may be worth a try, you might get it done buckshee :blink:

Good luck.