Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Want To Have Sunroof Fitted

Mr_Mojo

I'm interested in having a sunroof fitted to the Aygo and have noticed Peugeot do one for the 107. I'm assuming this will fit the Aygo as they are similar cars.

Can anybody confirm this or has anybody had one fitted?

I'm interested in having a sunroof fitted to the Aygo and have noticed Peugeot do one for the 107. I'm assuming this will fit the Aygo as they are similar cars.

i cant confirm it only ur dealer can lol... but all i know is that the body of the car is EXACTLY the same apart from the lights and the bumpers and maybe the boot! everything else is exact! ;)

x

probably, pop into pug and ask.

Here in holland they get f*cked up by the amount of people who come to them for the glovebox and the sunroof :P

but you should get it installed trough your toyota dealer, or else you might risk of loosing you anti-corrosion waranty, since you messed up with the metal.... haha :s

Thanks for the replys, don't get the car until September 1st so i'll decide when it arrives.

Thanks for the replys, don't get the car until September 1st so i'll decide when it arrives.

Is your car coming with AC?

I've never understood the correlation between sunroof & AC.

AC can help cool the car, a sunroof does not, at least not anymore than an open window. You get less buffetting with an open window too.

AC can help cool the car, a sunroof does not, at least not anymore than an open window. You get less buffetting with an open window too.

Well thats what im saying. Why have a sunroof, when you have/could have AC, sunroofs are crap. It's all about the AC

Well thats what im saying. Why have a sunroof, when you have/could have AC, sunroofs are crap. It's all about the AC

Couldn't agree more they are a waste of time and effort.

http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/acata...tin_opener.html ;)

or http://www.open-air-feeling.com/v_configurator/index_en.php

my hair is starting to thin so I am jealous.

Couldn't agree more they are a waste of time and effort.

I wouldnt say that

I have the air con on when I drive and when I park up, I open the sunroof - keeps the car cool while its parked up and not like an oven when I get in it!

It's handy, I wouldnt be without either! ;)

I personally like sunroofs, they brighten up the interior aswell as ventilation.

My Aygo doesn't have A/C fitted as i'm not too botherd about it, the engine doesn't have enough power as it is without a A/C system zapping it!

Have it on the S2000, only really use it in winter to clear condensation of the glass on cold mornings, never use it in summer as the roofs always down ;)

• 1 year later...

Kind of an old topic, but I didn't want to start an new one...

I had a sunroof fitted today, after allmost two years of pondering whether I should or not...

It's a Webasto Hollandia 300 DeLuxe, full Electonic with presets, auto-close and a built in blind.

Dakje01.jpg

Dakje02.jpg

It's really a joy to be able to drive "open" again after having had a Nissan 100NX with T-bar roof for allmost 4 years.

Headroom is lessened by little over an inch, I'm 1m85 (about 6') and still have about an inch of headroom left,

so that's not really a problem, unless I want to "reseat" myself, but that's not that often anyway...

I'm a happy camper!

Have had a sunroof fitted for over a year and a half and wouldn't be without it now.

Fresh air with no draughts and less of a "closed in" feeling.

A/C is not viable with such a small engine but a sunroof makes a good substitute.

Hmmm my celica had a sun roof and ac.....hardly ever used the ac cos I preferred opening the sun roof. Think I'd like to install one in my Aygo if I could afford one B)

I’ve noticed a lot of new cars now don’t have sunroofs, crash test results maybe?

Do they decrease the safety?

Only if ya stick ya head out of them going under a bridge :lol:

Looks Really good Jan! i was thinking about this too, some 107ocers have had it done for about £200 which I thought was a bargain!!

Have had a sunroof fitted for over a year and a half and wouldn't be without it now.

Fresh air with no draughts and less of a "closed in" feeling.

A/C is not viable with such a small engine but a sunroof makes a good substitute.

Why do people keep saying this? The AC makes little difference. I just did 300 miles with the ac on constantly, and achieved about 63 mpg. Mixture of motorway, country driving, varied from just me to four people.

Do they decrease the safety?

I don't think so, as the sunroof is fitted in between the actual crossmembers in the roof.

That's also the reason why it's so far back from the windscreen (about 11"); the front

brace is too wide to do so without cutting it...

MY observation would even go as far as to say that you see more and more sunroof-like structures

on cars. Look at the panoramic windscreen of the Astra OPC or C4 Picasso, the new Scirocco or all

those popular steel folding tops like the Megane CC, the VW Eos (which actually doubles as

both a convertible and a sunroof) and even the smaller cars like the Nissan Micra C+C.

Or the Peugeot 307 SW, which can have allmost the entire roof made out of glass!!!

Looks Really good Jan! i was thinking about this too, some 107ocers

have had it done for about £200 which I thought was a bargain!!

£200 DOES sound like a bargain, provided it's a "tilt and slide". Mine IS,

with the electronic controls and the sun blind making it a "DeLuxe".

It's also more expensive, about £500 fitted and all...

For about £200 it's usually just a tilt, or a manual tilt and slide...

As for the A/C; I DO have A/C and I have allready found that A/C is preferable on the motorways,

since the roof fully opened and slid back DOES produce quite some aerodynamic drag.

At 60mhp or more the drag feels worse than the drag from the A/C, PLUS it's VERY noisy.

Driving at 50mph or less the sunroof feels better, as it ventilates more "natural", but BOTH works good too;

open up the roof to let the hot air out and put the A/C on your feet to cool yourself and the interior down...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links