Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Gear

Jones~32

No i'm not.... but crashing into the post and then carrying on driving with a bent tow bar is dangerous... and they know it and should of done something about it.

It was the turning in the middle of the road that done it for me.... if it hadn't been for the old bill they would of been there ages.... and as you saw a few people where getting p'ed off enough to turn round

I know!!! I'm writing my complaint to the BBC as we speak!

I'm also going to sue for the distress it caused me, and then I'm going to put forward a proposal to the government and DVLA, so that you need to take another driver's test in order to tow a trailer!!!!

Oh, I missed it BTW. Balls....

Oh, I missed it BTW. Balls....

It's repeated on tuesday @ 7pm just for you :thumbsup::lol: (and the others that missed it)

Dissapointed! :(

The scripting is getting so obvious and they seem to be playing on it for far too long :angry:

To think this used to be a good show and ocasionally something unscripted and funny would happen. This new series seems to continue where the other one left off. They were good at talking about cars and showing us about cars, so why radio shows, caravanning holidays, etc etc what next?

They are so obviously scripted now its complete tosh, oh and Clarkston just happens to bring his gun along, Yeah he should have used it on James May though that would have been an improvement! :yes:

Funny watching captain slow crash a caravan at my local garage :lol:

For those that don't like the programme... I have a solution... don't friggin' watch it.

I couldn't care if there were no cars and it was just them 3 messing about... it's nine hundred billion million times better than almost anything else on TV... if you don't like it then go back to watching Coronation Street and eastenders tosh. I'll have my over-grown schools boys messing about any day... it's funny and I like it!

Agree with Les here, A great show but get rid of the whole scripted sketch show parts, the "caravan" sketch took up half the show....and was pointless!

I'm also pretty sure That Boy Hammond couldn't get anymore annoying, his TV appearances on other shows have made his head swell and his voice goes Ultrasonic when he gets frustrated.

Apart from that, Great show...So much better than everything else on TV...but that wouldn't be difficult and I actually think James May is a great addition to the show.

For those that don't like the programme... I have a solution... don't friggin' watch it.

I couldn't care if there were no cars and it was just them 3 messing about... it's nine hundred billion million times better than almost anything else on TV... if you don't like it then go back to watching Coronation Street and eastenders tosh. I'll have my over-grown schools boys messing about any day... it's funny and I like it!

Ah! but your missing a big point there...

While I agree with your sentiments - and is the reason i NEVER watch 5th gear (couldnt stand any episode I have watched so finally switched off for good), Top Gear can have moments on greatness, and times of mediocre at best...

The problem is, you never know which is which - i actually found the caravan thing funny, but I was dissapointed that it took up most of the show, and was so obviously scripted... It wasnt enough to put me off altogether, but if it continues in a similar vain then i might become bored and switch off...

As for you complaining about people complaining, well if you dont like it - dont read it ;)

Hmmm a bit short here but me thinks I will stop watching it as you suggest. I know your avitar is a super hero but I am not sure about the nine hundred billion million but I do get your point. I don't wach any of the other pash you quire rightly put forward. In fact you could compile a long list of tripe, including reality anytyhing etc etc....

Does anyone know if the BBC refund the licence fee if you smash your TV up and ask for a refund.

As for you complaining about people complaining, well if you dont like it - dont read it ;)

Fair Point! :lol:

Hmmm a bit short here but me thinks I will stop watching it as you suggest. I know your avitar is a super hero but I am not sure about the nine hundred billion million but I do get your point. I don't wach any of the other pash you quire rightly put forward. In fact you could compile a long list of tripe, including reality anytyhing etc etc....

Does anyone know if the BBC refund the licence fee if you smash your TV up and ask for a refund.

Yeah... i occasionally just over-exagerrate to mae a point. Just a little bit though, just a teeny weeney ickle wickle little bit. :lol:

Let's face it... most TV is just utter sh*t... Top Gear for me is a break from the norm, it's daft and stupid and there's an element of cars running in the background... it's entertaining and well worth a watch. Fact of the matter is is that Top Gear is shown in over 20 countries... it'll never be cancelled... but one or two more series is about all they'll get from the current format I think. Then there'll be a 5 year gap and it'll be back on.

The bbc never refund anything... similar to the Tax office y'see. :lol:

Top Gear for me is a break from the norm, it's daft and stupid and there's an element of cars running in the background... it's entertaining and well worth a watch.

Agree with that, I find that as it's one of the programmes shown that hasn't been shown previously (like a lot of repeats that are on air) it's something new on a Sunday night to watch before getting ready for work the next morning. :thumbsup:

I enjoy the scripted sequences. Turning cars into boats. Launching rocket propelled mini's off ski-jumps, setting fire to caravans. Brilliant. I wish I was paid to ***** about like that.

And I don't know how much of its scripted, but when I'm watching it I don't really care, I just let the tv magic take over. He got his anti-caravan arguement across pretty effectivly at least :)

He got his anti-caravan arguement across pretty effectivly at least :)

Yeah, when I saw him showing the caravan they'd bought the only thing I could think was "Please, please turn it into an unholy mess", they didn't let me down.

at the end of the day its an evolved version of clarksons chat show, its not the 'classic' top gear anymore

and i enjoyed this episode, a real laugh! scripted? so what i dont really care about car reviews, a few high jinks and some cars ill never afford being thrashed round does the trick

at the end of the day its an evolved version of clarksons chat show, its not the 'classic' top gear anymore

and i enjoyed this episode, a real laugh! scripted? so what i dont really care about car reviews, a few high jinks and some cars ill never afford being thrashed round does the trick

oh come on... give it a couple of years and the mondy 220 will be worth less than your MR2 ;)

very true, very true!

i was impressed to see the DB9 outsold the 220 to be honest! (dunno why!)

and the vauxhaul comment.... i have one word for this car, it starts with S and ends with T.... and it aint 'soot'..... the mans a legend!

very true, very true!

i was impressed to see the DB9 outsold the 220 to be honest! (dunno why!)

and the vauxhaul comment.... i have one word for this car, it starts with S and ends with T.... and it aint 'soot'..... the mans a legend!

Agree with that too :) very true about the Vauxhall comment....it really didnt handle very well at all.

The Vectra was appalling, unless you just drive down airfield straights.

I'd still have an MPS though... so long as the interior door handles don't snap off like the one in the 6 Sport I went to test drive did! :lol: I don't honestly think there is a great deal wrong with the grill.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links