Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Im New Here...

CraigT

Hey all,

Thought Id start my post of with some pics of my new Celica. I bought it as a more 'practical' replacement to my lovely Mk2 MR2. Ive posted alot on the MR2 board over the last 3 years.

Anyway here she is, all washed and waxed......

185870794_a365eeb802_o.jpg

185870791_cab91ef824_o.jpg

185870789_e25b9de9da_o.jpg

185666067_18f9d63e0b_o.jpg

185662286_672697cf2d_o.jpg

185666064_419827ebf3_o.jpg

185666068_4a31a97ca9_o.jpg

Okay and now for my first Celica related question:

When I drive with the windows down and the sunroof open I can hear a noise which sounds like its coming from the back right or back left wheel. Possibly both. The sound sounds like a roatational 'swooshing' sound or possibly a light 'rubbing' metal sound. I cant quite tell. I can usually notice it when I drive past parked cars or say a wall where the sound is being bounced back off the object.

Anyone got any ideas on what it might be? :huh:

EDIT; Im also not sure of the exact colour of my car, I believe its either Super Red 5, or Scarlatti(?) Red. How do I find out for sure?

Very nice. Just hope you keep it that clean and shiney!! :thumbsup:

Noise sounds like a rear disc/pad issue, get it checked out next time it's in for service. Nothing major.

As with the colour, I think the plate which has the chassis number on....under the bonnet? has the colour reference number on it.

Joe

Welcome to the Celica section :thumbsup:

And as I said in the other thread, looks really nice and tidy :drool::yes:

Flip me, that looks in good nick! Nice find my friend... :thumbsup: Welcome to our bit of the world!

Thanks for the comments! Theres a couple of things Id like to do, Ive been considering "17's but perfer the softer ride with the "16's so not too sure. Also considered the spoiler but that would depend on the cost.

Yeah the head unit is stock as far as Im aware, I say this because I checked out a T-Sport model and it had the same unit in it. Which leads me on to:

1) It seems to hate TDK CD-R's, spins them like mad then cant even eject them properly. Loves the Sony CD-R's though :/

2) The frigging alarm has been going off every hour or so this evening for no apparent reason. Hasnt done this since I bought it about a week a go, but tonight is hotter than usual so Im not sure if thats causing issues.

FANTASTIC CAR mate.

It's actually CHILLI RED - the only Red Toyota do for the Gen 7 :thumbsup:

Very nice, stunningly clean. Not sure there's much with the CD-R problem, other than get one of those laser lense cleaners from smiths, and try burning the TDK's at a slower speed.

As for spoiler and 17's, well my dad must have had an attack of the green eyed monster after I got my GT, because he got this, and I think the 17's and spoiler really suit it:

05-10-15_16-09.jpg

05-10-15_16-11.jpg

05-10-15_16-131.jpg

I went from 15's to 17's myself, real marked improvment in feedback from the steering wheel, definatly much better for driving, without really making for a harsher ride generally.

imo, the spoiler for the Gen 7 really finishes it off well :thumbsup:

Its fine on 17s. If you like ride quality, go for 45mm profile tyres if at all possible.

Spoilers are ten a penny for the celica. E-Bay normally pops up an original Toyota one every now and again, so worth keeping your eye out. Its generally someone who's upgraded to something else. Wouldn't go for a carbon-copy one, as I'll bet it'll be a 'mare to fit. Be aware though, the boot struts (gas filled things that hold the boot up) are rubbish. If you don't get the uprated struts (say 'SP' on them somewhere) when you put the spoiler on, they'll be even more rubbish!

And trust a Sony CD player to only play Sony CD-Rs... Peh.... Rip it out and put something good in there instead! :P

Thanks for the comments! Theres a couple of things Id like to do, Ive been considering "17's but perfer the softer ride with the "16's so not too sure. Also considered the spoiler but that would depend on the cost.

Yeah the head unit is stock as far as Im aware, I say this because I checked out a T-Sport model and it had the same unit in it. Which leads me on to:

1) It seems to hate TDK CD-R's, spins them like mad then cant even eject them properly. Loves the Sony CD-R's though :/

2) The frigging alarm has been going off every hour or so this evening for no apparent reason. Hasnt done this since I bought it about a week a go, but tonight is hotter than usual so Im not sure if thats causing issues.

It is a stock head unit - have the same one in my car - It should play anything though - it's not a TDK thing. Might be worth upgrading if you wish.

Get the alarm looked at - it shouldn't be doing that.

Looking good :thumbsup:

If your rear pads are worn they're a a piece of wee-wee to change, I've just replaced the rear discs & pads on Anne's car. Check out Mr T's prices first when buying though, I got them cheaper there than at the motor factors (after flashing my Toyota gold members card of course :thumbsup: )

Les

Be aware though, the boot struts (gas filled things that hold the boot up) are rubbish. If you don't get the uprated struts (say 'SP' on them somewhere) when you put the spoiler on, they'll be even more rubbish!

LOL yeah Ive already noticed they dont have much life in them :huh:

Get the alarm looked at - it shouldn't be doing that.

I went out opened up the car then locked it back up and it didnt go off again, and hadnt done before yesterday evening.

I'll keep an eye on it and if it happens again I'll have to get it checked.

Ive been having alarm problems too recently , the last 5 or 6 mornings its went off between 10 and 11 . Really strange , its never went off before .

Not sure there's much with the CD-R problem, other than get one of those laser lense cleaners from smiths, and try burning the TDK's at a slower speed.

Well sorted the CD issue, it was a combination of a few things:

1) A particular version of Nero 7 had CD skipping issues so installed new revision of Nero 7.

2) Liked Sony CD's much more than TDK ones however this may well be to do with.......

3) The CD lense needing a good cleaning!! Used one of thise CD lense cleaners as suggested and ran it through the player several times. At first it was skipping and not spinning the cleaning disk correctly, however after running it through a few times it read it and after a few more my audio CD's were playing better than ever :thumbsup:

Hi. Welcome to TOC. Great looking car; I love that colour.

Alarm problems....

There have been a few posts on this before; I had similar problems with my G7 alarm years ago and was told not to keep coins (or other metal objects) in either the ash tray or the drinks / (sunglasses :D) holder. Once I removed those, no more problems ever. I've passed that advice on to other people with alarm problems on the G7 and other recent Toyotas, and so far it has always worked (don't be the exception and tell me that you never keep coins in there).

Apparently it's something to do with the metal amplifying / reflecting spurious signals into the sensor which is mounted somewhere around that part of the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links