Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise When Aircon Is Switched On

toao

Hi Guys,

I am getting quite a loud noise when my aircon is on, It kind of like when you turn your power steering to full lock, like a mild grinding sound, it comes and goes intermittently. I took the car in to the main dealer in Macclesfield to have the dodgy engine fixed about 3 months ago and they are supposed to have serviced the aircon at the same time (£70), When it came back the aircon didnt seem as quite good as it was before it was serviced but i thought maybe they had replaced filters etc and they needed time to bed in, Now it definately isnt as cold as it should be and there is this noise, Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Defo sounds like your air con has a leak, depressurised over time or wasn't regassed properly.

Get a lot of problems with peoples air con this time of year. You do really need to run it all year round to keep the pressure in, stop it smelling stale and keep it working properly. :thumbsup:

Joe

Mine started doing the same thing. I took it to mr. t and he said the pump or something had died and gone to heaven. It was fixed ( under warranty--good job, cos it was going to cost £1500 ) and everything has been fine since.

Mine started doing the same thing. I took it to mr. t and he said the pump or something had died and gone to heaven. It was fixed ( under warranty--good job, cos it was going to cost £1500 ) and everything has been fine since.

£1500!!!! where do toyota get these prices from!!!! what a :censor: rip off

just wanted to say if the noise is only from engine running fast its nothing to worry about this is normal "ie like when steering on full lock"

also try cleaning filter in the foot well..... worked for me this time round, was gonna use Mr T's special offer of £45 air con service but cleaning filter worcked a treat,

cheers

neil.

Think yourself lucky your aircon is working!!

Mine packed in, dealer told me £450 to repair (£120 parts the rest labour). Booked in to get done, called to say they couldn’t get the parts for 4 weeks. Got the parts and booked in to get done today, dealer called, problem with the parts, and replacements not available till end of August!!

£1500!!!! where do toyota get these prices from!!!! what a :censor: rip off

just wanted to say if the noise is only from engine running fast its nothing to worry about this is normal "ie like when steering on full lock"

also try cleaning filter in the foot well..... worked for me this time round, was gonna use Mr T's special offer of £45 air con service but cleaning filter worcked a treat,

cheers

neil.

Hi, is there a thread about changing/cleaning this filter? I would like to check the one in our car but don't know where its is!

Mickey

Hi, is there a thread about changing/cleaning this filter? I would like to check the one in our car but don't know where its is!

Mickey

You need to get into the drivers footwell, pull back the carpet next to the foot rest. You'll see a small black cover with two tabs which you pinch together to remove. Behind this cover the two filters can be found.

When you take the filter cover off, you should find that there are two foam covered tabs. Pull the first tab straight out (this is filter number one). The second filter comes out of the same slot. The second foam tab is approx 3ins above it (right near the top of the where the cover covers). You need to remove the first filter as you will have already done, then look up and you will see the second foam tab. This one pulls (slides) downwards and comes out through the same hole.... Be warned though.... the second filter is a :censor: to get back in. [info on removing second filter courtesy of 'selfbuild']

Pictures should help ;)

Remove the three clips above the foot rest and fold back the carpet.

000_0228.jpg

Remove the small black cover with two tabs which you pinch together to remove. Behind this cover the two filters can be found.

000_0229.jpg

Pull out the bottom filter using its foam tab first, then pull the second filter down to the bottom by the other foam tab and out of the same hole.

000_0231.jpg