Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo For The 1.0li Yaris

mcsky

ok come to the conclusion i want a bolt on turbo kit for my 1.0li. i remember time ago some1 ws selling 1 for around £500 second hand, i was gonna buy but didnt have the cash.

is there any1 on here with a turbo on their 1.0li or know of any1 wanting to sell one? or where to buy 1 for cheap new? thanx

Yup i bought it still not fitted it yet though

Second hand turbos for the 1.0l and in fact the resty of the yarii are like gold dust

u still not fitted it! sell it to me! i want i want lolz even if u sell it for a price higher than wot u bought it for, i'l still want it

I do want it, just got better things to spend my money on atm mate thats why its not on. Car would be finished by now if money hadn't been spent elsewhere

well i know natgx has her yaris 1ltr turbo up for sale now. prohaps get in contact with her to see if she is willing to sell it seperatly. ask me on msn for her mobile number. its advertised in this months Redline Mag

infact i'm just thinking, any1 know how much power gains you get from it? the bolt on turbo kit for the 1.0li yaris?

i think it takes it up to about 103HP. biofotos in greece is pushing near 110HP and a guy here in Cyprus has apparently got 130HP. God knows how though

a turbo yaris is sooooooooo last year :P :P :lol:

tbh to buy one new is a bit OTT on the price front for the amount of power you get, but i was lucky i got mine off E-bay cheap, if you can get one secondhand at a knock then go for it, i loved it, window down, head out in the wind, listening to it spin, class. Ross come on fit it or ill go over and slap ya, you will fit it in 3-4 hours, get yar tumb out ;)

Its not tthe problem fiting it tbh, the main problem is the fact the Police are constantly giving me grief already for my car, if I put the turbo on atm, I have to declare it with the equivalent of the DVLA to get a new log book with turbo written on it and they've already said they won't give me one for the time being if i fit it as it is, they want a lot upgraded first, and even then they may still say no to me afterwards. There's a lot of discussions about car mods here at the moment with the government but i'm still hoping by the end of the summer it will be fitted.

Am I the only person who can't see the point in putting in a turbo in a 1.0 car?

Am I the only person who can't see the point in putting in a turbo in a 1.0 car?

YEA :P

YEA :P

Fair enough, just checking

i think it takes it up to about 103HP. biofotos in greece is pushing near 110HP and a guy here in Cyprus has apparently got 130HP. God knows how though

The HKS kit.. with forged pistons, boost controller, dump valve etc.. alledgedly gives upto 180bhp, with the right mods to go with it.:thumbsup:

I'd beleive it if a saw it......

Stage 4: HKS turbo kit.

This kit is fully tested and has been designed as a 'bolt-on' kit. Compression ratio is left standard to retain driveability and keep costs down. HKS' own dyno figures showed power rose to 104ps (from 70) while torque was increased to 143Nm (from 95). Pressure is kept low (0.4bar) for longevity and reliability. £1,800.00. This kit can be built upon as and when necessary for example lowering the compression with high quality forged pistons, HKS front mounted intercooler, EVC-5 boost control system, sequential dump valve kit, additional fuelling etc. for power levels up to approx. 180bhp!

Has anyone actually got the turbo to work on a french made yaris yet?? Not sure if Natgx's was french or jap?

:thumbsup:

any1 got natgx's number? i tried adding her on msn but so far no good, cos her advertisement for selling her turbo is apparently in redline mag but was last months which i missed and the number on it was wrong anyway

Hmmm I considered turboing my 1ltr yaris .... but now have my heart set on an 2zzge engine conversion..... but I did hear that a B16A from a Honda Civic would fit in the yaris engine bay (just) and you can pick them up for about £500 or less ... and they develop 160hp+ :) gotta be worth looking into for a big power gain.. plus you get the added benefit of VTEC :)

I think its a damn shame the VVTL-i unit doesn't fit in a street-legal car (the firewall has to be chopped up) :( I'd definately want one in mine if it did... :D

I'd go for a hybrid between a Glanza and a Paseo engine. 5EFTE I think everyone calls it.

***cough, 3S-GTE,cough**** and 4wd looked into it its defo doable, with enough money obviously. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links