Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recommended Oils/fluids/levels To Be Used In Major Serving

purvesh81

Hello,

I'm thinking of going down the independent route for my next service.

Does anyone know the oils and fluids (incl levels) the normal dealers use for a major service(B Service). For example I know that they use Castrol GTX Magnatec oil for the engine 10w40. What do they use for the gearbox oil, brake fluid, engine coolant?

It might work out cheaper to source them myself. I got a good deal on the engine oil from Costco.

Appreciate the help,

Purvesh

I only know what you know :blink:

I pay a little extra to have GTX magnatec put in by my local garage and the rest of the stuff i just leave to them :unsure:

Sorry to be of no use mate but least i replied/tried :thumbsup:

I only know what you know :blink:

I pay a little extra to have GTX magnatec put in by my local garage and the rest of the stuff i just leave to them :unsure:

Sorry to be of no use mate but least i replied/tried :thumbsup:

That's cool mate - thanks for posting :)

Get the GTX oil from Costco if you can. I got 9litres for like £24 something :D

Hi I use Mobil 1 0W40 in all my cars for the engines. Toyotas done over 40,000 miles on it and feels great. Mazda 323 has done over 70,000 miles . I would'nt use anything else. Bit pricey though. I am using semisynthetic in gearbox. I think its 75W90. Break fluid, I use a Carplan DOT 4. Its best to change the Water and refill with a good anti freeze solution as well. I use 50% but thats because a Fiat I have needs high level due to doggy ali head. :thumbsup:

Hi I use Mobil 1 0W40 in all my cars for the engines. Toyotas done over 40,000 miles on it and feels great. Mazda 323 has done over 70,000 miles . I would'nt use anything else. Bit pricey though. I am using semisynthetic in gearbox. I think its 75W90. Break fluid, I use a Carplan DOT 4. Its best to change the Water and refill with a good anti freeze solution as well. I use 50% but thats because a Fiat I have needs high level due to doggy ali head. :thumbsup:

Much appreciated, I'll have to try some of the Mobil 1 and Carplan products.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links