Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris

Jamboo 1

First post on this forum - (though I'm well and truly active on the Lexus one)

we've been thinking about changing our '03 Honda Jazz SE. I have to say nothing comes close to the jazz for space and versatility in it's compact dimensions. It's econimical, easy to drive etc.

However, a new model Jazz comes in one year, and our '03 is still worth close to £6000 on a pex (only done 22k) according to Parkers and What Car?, so I'm expecting £5800!!

The shopping list has the new Yaris, Nissan Note and Seat Altea, but both latter ones are dull. The Altea is bigger, but is basically a Volkswagen and there is a special deal for a Sport 1.6 Refrence for £10,500 on the road!! And that makes it very tempting.

What I would like to know is what is the best price people have managed to get recently. It's gotta have aircon - so the T2 is out of the question, and the T3 and TSpirit look good. But what's the best deal I should get on a new shape Yaris?

I have checked out www.drivethedeal.co.uk and the deal is OK - any suggestions? We're thinking of testing one at the weekend, but would like to know what the dealers may be offering before we set foot in the showroom...

Welcome to the club dude :thumbsup: !

Only a hand full of people on here with the new yaris as most people don't like the look of it and the price tag that it comes with.

But because they are having difficulty shifting them I know that they are knocking around 1k of the list price.

Personally I say stick with the Jazz for the year ;) !

Jazz.jpg

This was at JAE the other day :drool::drool:

Personally I would say don't bother wasting your money, I have a new Yaris and hate it.

They're not having any difficulty shifting them round here Dave - are you blind? They're everywhere! :lol:

And anyway, I didnt know you worked on the board of Toyota UK and knew the sales figures ;)

Hey Jamboo! Welcome to TOC! Personally I was going to get a Jazz a few years back, decided against, basically because (and no offence) they have the image of a Honda!

What about the new Leon as opposed to the Altea? Its very very similar, just a tad smaller height wise - in fact, the Altea and Leon could be fraternal twins... the Leon is very reasonably priced too - I looked at the Stylance 1.6 model and that was just over 11 grand with only group 5 insurance, plus its a VW Golf underneath, so very reliable... looks stunning too

The Yaris is a stunning car to drive, but if I were you, I'd go for the T3 spec as the T-Spirit is lovely with all the gadgets, but totally over priced! They've been out a while now, so aim to get as much off as possible, I think some dealerships are offering free insurance at the moment too, which might sway you....

Best of luck! :thumbsup:

And anyway, I didnt know you worked on the board of Toyota UK and knew the sales figures ;)

The problem is that I don't have to :wacko: :P

And always when my car goes in they give me the new yaris :!Removed!: which makes it look like there are more on the road :P !

It's probably me you have seen ..... been in a red one and black one, wonder what i'll get for Thursday and Friday (just don't ask)?

My dad's got the new Leon stylance - pretty much same price as the yaris, but you get a decent engine, dual climate control, and electric folding mirrors (I so want some), cruise control as well as the rest, the suspension is spot on too (well better than my corolla).

The problem is that I don't have to :wacko: :P

And always when my car goes in they give me the new yaris :!Removed!: which makes it look like there are more on the road :P !

It's probably me you have seen ..... been in a red one and black one, wonder what i'll get for Thursday and Friday (just don't ask)?

My dad's got the new Leon stylance - pretty much same price as the yaris, but you get a decent engine, dual climate control, and electric folding mirrors (I so want some), cruise control as well as the rest, the suspension is spot on too (well better than my corolla).

Hmmm, SEAT a friend baulked when I said I fancy buying a SEAT....he worked in the spares dept and saw a lot of recalls and dissatisfied customer, put me right off

Think there's a deal on new corolla's at present?

Personally I'd either keep the Jazz, or get a T-sport Yaris or Corolla...

DaveSR - that is one great Jazz!!

Anyway, I think we are gonna hang on to the Jazz. I know it has "git" written all over, but it's bloomin reliable and versatile, and having seen that mod'd car I wonna get some wheels for it!!!

Hard suspension and rattles aside, it is a very good car!!

Thanks for all your help... :yes::thumbsup:

PS the Leon is fab, but for £10,000 is the Altea makes more sense...both are new VW Golf so should last well.. maybe later!! I will check out the corolla anyway...

First post on this forum - (though I'm well and truly active on the Lexus one)

we've been thinking about changing our '03 Honda Jazz SE. I have to say nothing comes close to the jazz for space and versatility in it's compact dimensions. It's econimical, easy to drive etc.

However, a new model Jazz comes in one year, and our '03 is still worth close to £6000 on a pex (only done 22k) according to Parkers and What Car?, so I'm expecting £5800!!

The shopping list has the new Yaris, Nissan Note and Seat Altea, but both latter ones are dull. The Altea is bigger, but is basically a Volkswagen and there is a special deal for a Sport 1.6 Refrence for £10,500 on the road!! And that makes it very tempting.

What I would like to know is what is the best price people have managed to get recently. It's gotta have aircon - so the T2 is out of the question, and the T3 and TSpirit look good. But what's the best deal I should get on a new shape Yaris?

I have checked out www.drivethedeal.co.uk and the deal is OK - any suggestions? We're thinking of testing one at the weekend, but would like to know what the dealers may be offering before we set foot in the showroom...

hi

i have just bought a new yaris t spirit and think it's fantastic.i have had the old one which was traded for this one and find this one a little bigger. the drive on it is great and fuel wise can't say yet as i have not worked it out yet. the only thing that niggles me is you have to stretch right over for the trip computer other than that no complaints

Yeah - having to reach over for the trip computer button is a real pain. Wish it could of been placed on the stalk / steering wheel.

Was suprised to see the Note on the list as it a lot bigger than the other two and a different car completely, although it is the only one to offer a cool box, multi-level boot and moving rear seat as standard...

Personally would cut the Seat out of the list as wouldn't rate it compared to the others....

If you do decide on the Note do me a favour, PM me the best offer you've had and how much discount you would need to make it worth your while to buy one from Nissan Worksop and I'll see what I can do :D :D :D

The Yaris comes with moving rear seats as standard!

I've got a T-Spirit 1.4D new yaris, and its great, i had a few niggles to start with, and it might be more than the competition, but to be fair, its a step above the opposition!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links