Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camry 3.0 V6 Gx - Engine..?

Camry_man

I have a 94 Camry 3.0 V6 in genuinly mint condition - only has 69,000 miles and full toyota service history. Something BIG has gone wrong with the engine and Toyota in Essex said it would cost at least £800 to fix; possibly end up over £1000 - I think the diagnosis was head gasket among other things - my auntie was dealing with them.

My question is - WHERE can I get an engine for this car in good nick and prefrably with warranty - it seems that I could do the replacement cheaper than getting this engine fixed! Also - how much do Camry engines go for of this age? I was told they can be picked up for £500 but have yet to come across one. Where would have them?

Still on topic, a car of this age; is it worth doing what I plan, seeing as the car may only be worth £1500 to sell..? It's just such a good car, everything still works 100% and the interior is like it just came out of the showroom - just the main part has issues - the bloomin engine!

:ffs: thanks for any help at all! :)

have you tried

www.fensport.com

the 3.0l v6 is a conversion that is getting more and more popular for the mr2 and there are a lot more people suppling them as such.. lso try having a word with

www.rougesystems.co.uk

they may be able to help..

• 2 years later...

Actually you can get a totally remanufactured Camry engine at GotEngines.com for LESS then a used engine. Click here to check out their Toyota Remans: Toyota Engines.

I prefer not promoting companies, but this will save a lot of dough if you're looking for a "like new" reman engine.

I would just be sure to spot check the warranty. I personally would ask for a part and labor warranty. Even though it's a reman and it's new, things can happen and you don't want to be the one footing the bill for installing, un-installing, installing again, or the freight to ship an engine around. It's worth the extra buck.

Make sure you use an ASE certified mechanic if you don't take it to the dealership.