Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Old Member, New Car

EarL

Hi guys,

Been a member of TOC for a number of years, but always had MR2's. Well, the tubby is off the road at the moment having a screamer of an engine built, so I needed something to get about in.

I've always fancied a Starlet, and particularly the EP91 shape, so when I ghot chance of this, I jumped at it.

It's a 97 Sportif, that's done 76k miles. 2 owners (elderly ladys) from new, and it's got a full Toyota service history, stamped right up to date (last service was two weeks ago!). It's a local car and I've spoken to both owners. It's been cosseted in a heated garage for the last year ffs!

media.jpg

media3.jpg

media1.jpg

Anyway, it's about time it looked a little more in keeping with it's older brother. So, what sort of lowering springs do you guys reccommend? I've been looking at PI, and a drop of around -35/40.

If anyone's selling some nice 5 spoke alloys (16inch), let me know. I can't drive round looking like a granny for much longer. :lol:

Later guys,

EarL.

My boyfriend just done the same (he's waiting on his honda off the boat) His is alot rougher round the edges but has full mot :P

He got sr alloys(with good tyres),a tte exhaust,40mm pi springs,filter,clear indicators all for £200 :thumbsup:

He stripped all the interior out aswell though :censor:

My boyfriend just done the same (he's waiting on his honda off the boat) His is alot rougher round the edges but has full mot :P

He got sr alloys(with good tyres),a tte exhaust,40mm pi springs,filter,clear indicators all for £200 :thumbsup:

He stripped all the interior out aswell though :censor:

£200!!! :o

I want a TTE back box. If anyone knows of one going, please let me know. :thumbsup:

You NEED my alloys! I'll see how much it is for postage if you're still interested mate! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys,

Ordered a set of PI springs today, and also got hold of a set of 5 SR wheels with decent tyres for £200. All she needs now is a back box to compliment the looks.

I'm thinking of having a stainless one made up. Twin exit, 3 inch pipes with outward rolled lip. Got to have a couple of bits done for the MR2, so I might as well get that done at the same time. ;)

looks nice, only things i'd do to it is fit some clear front indicators too to freshen up the front end, remove the rubbing strips, sensible exhaust, no more than 15inch wheels and maybe an SR spoiler.

would look well sweet then :)

• 1 month later...

Update

Well, now that the suspension has been done, the back box is on, and the wheels and tyres have been fitted, the EP91 looks a little different.

Take a look...

DSC_0110.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

Whacha think? ;)