Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cancer 2020 Petition

Demonic Angel

I know some of you dont like petitions, but tough, because its for a really good cause!

Its basically a petition to tell politicians to prepare for the cancer challenges ahead and that cancer treatment should no longer be a postcode lottery based on where you live. Hopefully this will make the Government start planning & make sure that the NHS is ready for the challenges of cancer research & treatment up to 2020 and beyond.

My Grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer on the Friday of JAE. It's never been personal for me before, but now it is - and the more awareness and money we can raise to find a cure, the better.

Please sign the petition.

just signed it for you. sorry to hear about your grandma. i know exactly what you are going through em. my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer back in february and has just finished his chemo and radio therapy. its a long journey believe me but you get there in the end. send her my best wishes :thumbsup:

Done, my uncle died this year with prostate cancer, as did his dad before i was born. THere is the chance that my other uncle and my dad may also get it and that it could also mean i could when i get older

my uncle was only 50 when he died and the crematorium was packed, even with a bagpiper there.

I was going to run the great north run for prostate cancer but sadly didnt get picked due to the ballot selection process.

Im sorry to hear about your gran em, like i said at jae, my gran died of the same from smoking. You have my msn if you need to chat!

Done, I know a few people who've had cancer & it hasn't beat any of them, if it wasn't for organisations like Cancer Research UK this wouldn't be the case so I'm always happy to help them out when I can. You & your gran are in my thoughts, if you need to speak please don't hesitate to add me to MSN & send me a message :hug:

Done :thumbsup:

done and dusted :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Done, plus forwarded to everyone in t'address book... :thumbsup:

done :thumbsup:

best wishes to your gran... never nice to hear about someone getting cancer. :(

:thumbsup:

More then happy to sign stuff like this.

Both my parents have had cancer, Mom had skin cancer and me dad had bowel cancer.

Wish you gran all the best :)

Before I get flamed I'll say my reasons for not signing it.

While I appreciate that a lot of people on here have relatives that have been affected by cancer.

I am a tax payer and the government does their level best to fleece me of as much money as possible. Earlier this year I had a chronic cough, lost 10% of my body weight and felt generally crap. Despite being 24, cycling 25 miles every day to work (pre illness) and having a relatively good diet. I was forced to wait 4months for a CT scan while we had all the idiots who smoke, drink heavily and have a poor diet using up my slots.

I realise not everyone who gets cancer fulfills my stereotype but the majority of cancer is self inflicted.

I'm not signing it because the money that could be spent on cancer research could be spent better elsewhere.

My 2P worth