Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gnnnnaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhh!

alanbradley

No, my friend, not even the slightet inkling to do the handbrake.

Go the Spanish inquisition about the distinct lack of back seats at the dinner table tonight :rolleyes:

A

no - just said "because its really practical and you don't have to give people lifts!"

It didn't really wash tbh..

A

did thump your clenched fist down on the table, and in a raised voice say "cause i like rally!"????

lmao.... im gonna use that in the next work meeting :thumbsup:

Well, celebrations and ring the calendar folks, because the little :censor:s are finally in!

Before:-

Seats-before-210806.jpg

After:-

Seats-after-210805.jpg

I've done a round-trip of about 20 miles and the seats are flipping comfortable, although you do feel that you're sitting higher than in the standard ones and there also isn't as much rearward travel - I used to be 1 notch off the end and I currently have the driver's one slid right the way back.

Just so that you know, the time taken to swap them over was a little under the originally-envisioned 20 minutes and the airbag plugs are identical so they just slotted straight in.

Onl issue is that each seat is only held in by 3 of the 4 bolts at the moment because sitting the sats on their location pins in my garage has bent the rails slighlty. Nomatter, the seats don't budge and I'll get them sorted as soon as I can.

:thumbsup: (finally)

A

I could do you a very nice set of "dark grey with circles on" if you want?

35,500 miles - all but 150 of which have been under my bum. Unmarked bar slight scuffing to the frames that you'll only see if you stick your head under the front passenger seat.

:thumbsup:

A

Well, celebrations and ring the calendar folks, because the little :censor:s are finally in!

Before:-

Seats-before-210806.jpg

After:-

Seats-after-210805.jpg

I've done a round-trip of about 20 miles and the seats are flipping comfortable, although you do feel that you're sitting higher than in the standard ones and there also isn't as much rearward travel - I used to be 1 notch off the end and I currently have the driver's one slid right the way back.

Just so that you know, the time taken to swap them over was a little under the originally-envisioned 20 minutes and the airbag plugs are identical so they just slotted straight in.

Onl issue is that each seat is only held in by 3 of the 4 bolts at the moment because sitting the sats on their location pins in my garage has bent the rails slighlty. Nomatter, the seats don't budge and I'll get them sorted as soon as I can.

:thumbsup: (finally)

A

Looking at your photos Alan ..............havent you got the TSport seats facing the wrong way round?? ;) ;)

ha ha ha! :P

If anyone would like a set of T3 seats...

A

Congratulations alan, nice to see the seat finally in :thumbsup: they do look awesome and im guessing touch nicer to sit in than the old?

Oh yes! They felt a bit odd at first, but they're great around roundabouts and twisties - you don't have to "brace" like you did in the old ones. The bolstering is superb.

Charlie, I realised I'd missed you from the roll-call further up so "cheers!"

A

• 7 months later...

If anybody else has problems with the seat bolts, heres a good advice...

You need a Torx 45, a 1/2" socket wrench and a hammer.

1. Take the Torx 45, put it in the bolt and give it a good knock with a hammer.

2. Now you can use the socket wench to get the bolt out quite easily.

:)

I've just got my seat out - it took 10 minutes... ;-)

Not pwned, but WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MR TERP! :lol: :lol:

Anyhoo - last weekend taking the seat out took a little under 4 mins and putting it back was the same (plus one large chunk of thumb)

A

Not pwned, but WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MR TERP! :lol: :lol:

I was searching for a Torx 45, that was missing in my toolbox... :D

Anyhoo - last weekend taking the seat out took a little under 4 mins and putting it back was the same (plus one large chunk of thumb)

A

You did it the hard way - others just do it the right way... :D :D :D

Suprised you didn't know that technique Al...

I've been using that on Suzuki disc bolts for years! :D

But but but but but....

meh, I'm in a huff... :P

A

Suppose it shows how much less I really come on here now...

Besides - I'm not letting the Scots have MY secrets... :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links