Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'88 Celica Gt

brigort

Hi guys, glad to find a place like this. I had to register to ask this. Recently bought an '88 Celica in nice shape, had it for a couple of weeks and the motor went (today)for the sunroof. I got it replaced with a motor from a Corolla (I think) that my repair shop had on hand. Problem is it's not perfect. Anybody know where I can get my hands on the proper motor? Must be somewhere on the internet I can dig one up.

Just give your local Toyota dealership a phone call and ask them what the part would cost and they can order it in for you if you like. Chances are it's going to be expensive though. You could also check around the local salvage yards, although I see that you're in P.E.I. so there's probably not much available around there. =) Good luck.

take both motors to an Alternator rebuilder in your area and see if they can repair your old motor with parts of new motor

Toyota Celica Breakers should be good to help, havent got the number to hand, its on the fourm somewhere or easy to find using google.,...

Thanks guys, there are no more salvage yards around here anymore. Government went all eco and cleaned out the two good ones we had years ago. :angry:

Besides, Celicas are not a really common car around here. I didn't keep the old motor-probably should have tho..

Breakers sounded good but they're in the UK and I'm in Canada..If they had a website? Ah well, I'll keep lurking here and looking around the internet something may come up. :thumbsup: