Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power For A Sera

one_above

I'm a new user so i acciendently posted the topic wrong. sorry this one should work! :thumbsup:

Hi im a young guy from sydney, australia with a passion for seras. I think they look awsome!!!! but the one problem is that they are a gutless wonder when it comes to power. I have been looking around on the net over the last couple of days trying to find different methods to gain this power. The main ideas that i could find is to fit either a 4agze engine or a starlet gt engine. What sort of cost am i up for in australian dollars? Being a very small engine bay and a east to west engine it sort of narrows down my options dramatically . I have have seen examples on the net of high powered seras including a very nice one from japan with a claimd 300bhp. Im not looking for figures that high but over 200 would be awsome. I need to do this as my best mate has a eunos 30x with a jap spec mx6 engine in it and it goes really hard with about 180kw at the wheels. This is all in a front wheel drive!!!! He says i should of chosen a different car but i loved the styleing so much i couldn't resist. His car runs about 13.4 on the quarter. Im looking for a figure in the low 14's or high 13's if possible. any help would be appriciated!!! I can handle being with the all show no go slogan anymore!!!!

the starlet gt swap would be easiest, but building the hybrid 5EFTE would prolly be your best bet, a few mods can get 200hp reasonably priced, more is more :thumbsup:

I noticed today that my Tercel rear is VERY close to the size of a celica, Ill be looking to see if an AWD turbo Tecel is a possibility

Is the 5efte the engine already in the sera? or is it from another car if so what car is that? would fitting the starlet gt engine require much custom work?

thanks

Pete

There are a few Sera's on the board, one has a Turbo conversion, I'm sure they will be along shortly to help out.

the 4efte is a direct bolt on (well to the paseo anyways) - 1.3T 130bhp stock (ithink).

the 5efte is really a hybrid of the 4efte & the 5efe with 4efte inards and a 5efhe intake & block

toyotasera.co.uk has more info on what youll need, if not contact a company called xracing in your neck of the woods, speak to Jacky Chang, hes swapped engines for the paseo & should beable to help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links