Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Diesel Engine Management Light

pj06

Evening people

Got a bit of a strange one here, was driving home on the Motorway the other evening and the engine management light came on in my Yaris Diesel and the power substantially decreased. Pulled over and called the AA who plugged there laptop into the ECU and the error code was for the "engine gas recirculation valve circuit". They cleared the fault and followed me home (some 30 miles) and all running fine. However, since this event happened my mpg remains between 45-49mpg whereas before with the same driving style, distance, routes was getting aound 55mpg. Going to take it to Mr T when I can but didn't know whether anyone has come accross this problem before?

Thanks

PJ06

New one on me I'm afraid :unsure:

I hope you get it fixed okay (you should, sounds like a definite warranty case, so don't waste time getting it to Mr T) and please let us know what the outcome is...

:thumbsup:

A

Do you have a diesel box installed? Could be set too high causing overfueling.

If not I'd suggest perhaps a faulty common rail sensor.

Take it back to Mr T.

Evening people

Got a bit of a strange one here, was driving home on the Motorway the other evening and the engine management light came on in my Yaris Diesel and the power substantially decreased. Pulled over and called the AA who plugged there laptop into the ECU and the error code was for the "engine gas recirculation valve circuit". They cleared the fault and followed me home (some 30 miles) and all running fine. However, since this event happened my mpg remains between 45-49mpg whereas before with the same driving style, distance, routes was getting aound 55mpg. Going to take it to Mr T when I can but didn't know whether anyone has come accross this problem before?

Thanks

PJ06

Thanks for your help lads, not got a tuning box fitted. Taken it to Mr T and they reset the ECU and been running fine, now getting around 60mpg on my new Diesel so it's all good.

Thanks again.

PJ06

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links