Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Filter Fitment

richiekuk

Hi all

I've just got an air filter (cone filter), that was sent to me and was off a st205.

There are however pipes attached to the standard airbox, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I do with these once the new filter is attached cos pretty sure they can't just be left dangling.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Richie K

Hi all

I've just got an air filter (cone filter), that was sent to me and was off a st205.

There are however pipes attached to the standard airbox, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I do with these once the new filter is attached cos pretty sure they can't just be left dangling.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Richie K

:eek: No they can't...

The one that connects next to the stock dump valve location is the idle control pipe, the one that connects to the airbox to turbo pipe is the intake PCV connection. Both should be connected to the intake, if it's a kit it should come with an adapter that goes between the airbox to turbo pipe and the filter and has attachments for the stock dumpvalve and idle control pipe.

If you've only got the filter and it doesn't have any connections on it you either need to get hold of an adapter of some kind or get a breather filter to go on the idle control pipe and you'll then only be able to have vent to atmos dumpvalve.

Also need to think about the intake air temp sensor which is also mounted in the stock airbox. :thumbsup:

So have I been had then?

All this filter has, is the mounting bracket and thats it.

Can see one pipe that would just need a little filter on it (from the top of the box).

The standard dv, I can see the big pipe from the chargecooler, but if its a recirc, were does the air go from there, can't see any way of it getting into the filter box (there's no opening insinde for it). Also if you took it off the airbox, would it not just effectively become a vent to atmos anyway.

The pipe that comes off the turbo pipe, would obviously stay there anyway.

What do you normally do with the air temp sensor?

Richie K

So have I been had then?

All this filter has, is the mounting bracket and thats it.

Can see one pipe that would just need a little filter on it (from the top of the box).

The standard dv, I can see the big pipe from the chargecooler, but if its a recirc, were does the air go from there, can't see any way of it getting into the filter box (there's no opening insinde for it). Also if you took it off the airbox, would it not just effectively become a vent to atmos anyway.

The pipe that comes off the turbo pipe, would obviously stay there anyway.

What do you normally do with the air temp sensor?

Richie K

The pipe from the top of the box is the idle control pipe, on a proper induction kit you would have something to connect this to but putting a breather filter on it will suffice

Yes if you take it off the box it does effectively become a vent to atmos :thumbsup:

If you look inside the lid of the stock air box which is the bit that connects to the turbo pipe plus the dv and idle control pipe there is actually a small hole in the DV end of the box this is where air passes through for the DV and idle control pipe.

I didn't have a induction kit on my car so didn't have to move the intake temp sensor but I would have though that there should be a hole in the intake bracket if it had one to fit the sensor into much like with the stock airbox.

If not just zip tye it as close to the filter as you can.

Post a picture of the filter and any brackets it came with when you get it and then we can point out stuff if needed.

Yeh nice one, cheers.

Got a breather filter for the isv pipe. Just realised the metal collar has a bracket for attaching the standard dv, it will vent to atmos though. Only till i get a decent one :) soon me hopes.

Just bought a house , so the car has to take a back seat for a while. I've got to grow up and buy furniture and stuff BOO!

Richie k

Mine has the standard dv attached, and seems to work just fine. Loud enough that I know its working, but not loud enough to scare small animals and pensioners, lol.

Fitted it today. It sounds awesome!

Can hear the turbo spooling up and the standard dump valve sounds fine (till i get a mad one)

Thanks for the help guys.

Richie K

Mine has the standard dv attached, and seems to work just fine. Loud enough that I know its working, but not loud enough to scare small animals and pensioners, lol.

Isn't that the whole point though?? :D :thumbsup:

Isn't that the whole point though?? :D :thumbsup:

I do hope so. :naughty: And don`t forget the bonus points for getting octagenarians to wave their walking sticks at you. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links