Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many Mile Can You Get From A D4d Diesel?

Perfection

I drives 70 miles a day 80% is at 65 mph on A roads. I managed to achieve 300 miles with £16 of diesel. I think this worked out to more than 70 mpg.

I have only owned this car for a few weeks and now I'm so happy with it. Its super economical with good power for overtaking as well.

I recommend anyone to buy one.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• earpl

• seveer unaek

• Madasafish

I drive anywhere from 50miles to over 100 miles a day, on a mix of 50% in town / 50% motorway at 70mph and the best i've got so far in this summer weather has been 64mpg.

I'm a real geek when it comes to my mpg and over the 3 years i've owned the car i've always calculated the mpg after each fillup. So far i find i get the best economy using Shell diesel extra. I've tried supermarket fuels, bp ultimate, esso etc etc ( i live in a town that has all the major garages so i get the chance to try them all :P ) but always i get my best figures when i use Shell diesel extra.

This week however i filled up with tesco after i found out all tesco garages in the south east supply B5 biodiesel (that's 5% mix) as standard. So far it looks like it still won't beat Shell, I'll give it a months trial and if i can manage at least 60mpg i'll stick to it as i prefer the reduced ( if only every so slightly ) impact it has on the environment.

I've tried B20, the highest 5-age allowed here atm. It ran well.

Nowadays I only drive about 10 miles a day but then I add on far too many trips at weekends and stuff. I used to do 50 miles a day plus about 200 miles most weekends - hence my high mileage and buying the diesel in the first place.

When I was doing the longer commute I used to be able to get over 500 miles from every tank, but that's dropped a bit since I moved. I really dont drive for economy though so I would say that "poor" mpg is more down to the driver than the car in my case ;)

I also am sad enough to keep a little list of mileages and and amount of fuel used. You can also try the www.greenhybrid.com mileage database which will get you the little image below for your signature and stuf. Sadly the sig thing is US galons only though :(

:thumbsup:

A

63mpg overall: 50% towns, 50% country..

the doodah on top of the dash tells you the avg mpg

lol, the display that tells you the time/radio etc... press 'trip' a couple times and mpg comes up

lol, the display that tells you the time/radio etc... press 'trip' a couple times and mpg comes up

Not on the diesels :crybaby:

You may well be right Em............................you usually are :P

Perhaps Alan Bradley could answer this one :shutit:

Not on the diesels :crybaby:

ahhhhhhhh...... well im not allowed to stand next to diseasals too long or ill die.... so i wouldnt know

Yeah, yeah, har de har.... :P

No Rob, sadly we don't have "mpg" as one of the options on the computer, we only have the poxy "average speed" readout. Its possibly because the computer flatlines at 99.9mpg and, well, that just isn't enough :)

The best and most reliable way to work out your mpg is to do it try and fill "fumes to brim" a few times on the trot, record the mileage on each tank and then average the results for a pretty accurate reading.

For those of you vaguely mathematic then the formula to work out mpg is as follows:-

mpg(uk) = (miles travelled)/(liters used * 0.22)

Hardly rocket science :)

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Alan

it gives me a good feeling driving a diesel when my local garage is selling petrol and diesel for the same price :D (99.9 /litre !!! )

A garage further up sells diesel 1p cheaper than petrol ! Haven't seen diesel cheaper than petrol for god knows how long !

"how do you work out your average mpg? the trip settings doesnt give out mpg does it?"

I'm sad and write mileage and litres purchased in a little book.

Brim to brim calculations for instantaneous figure. Cumulative miles /!Removed!. litre = miles/litre . Multiply by 4.5 = mpg.

Even I can do it!

That average mpg thing is pants, it's miles off on my mothers 1.3 Yaris. I brim the tank every time and get the calculator out.

I drove the 1.3 petrol Yaris for a week recently, put 20 quid in thinking it would last for ages ... I drove it pretty hard cos it felt gutless, and then thought I'd broken it cos the tank emptied so quickly!

On an average month.... £20 lasts me about 200 miles in my 1.3

If I'm travelling up to Worksop it does much more, I've got 400 miles out of a tank before.... which I think is storming for a 1.3 petrol! :yes:

If I drove a bit slower I'd probably get more! :lol:

I envious of those D4D Consumption amounts :!Removed!:

Seem to get around the 43mpg mark give or take a bit in the 1.3.

lol drove to bournmouth last week averaged 57 mph and 30mpg which was good for the speeds i think!!!

I decided to buy a diesel vs a petrol yaris cos:

1. fuel consumption

2. far easier to drive in town or stop start motoring cos of the torque which means frequent gear changing is not so essential. It will pull from 22mph in 4th or 14mph in 3rd.

I reckon the average range from filling to brim to petrol warning light flashing is around 450-490 miles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links