Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Mile Can You Get From A D4d Diesel?

Perfection

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jaxx

• earpl

• seveer unaek

• Madasafish

diesels make for great generators

there good in cars too for poor people :thumbsup:

PMSL :lol: !

But why are the diesel versions more expensive to buy than the petrol version :P

"torque! i couldnt care less! most of those 1.9 engines quote more power than my MR2, yet itll happily outdrag one up the steepest hills"

Hmm If this i the standard of knowledge of the detractors, they are well ...ignorant is a kind word.

Simple physics: acceleration is related to force and MASS.. Now is an A4 heavier or lighter than a MR2?

Well an A4 has 4 doors..

I rest my case. The diesel detractors are IGNORANT.

:-))))

Diesels are not performance cars, if you want performance buy a petrol, simple as. Diesels are good if you are doing the milage to justify the price difference for a petrol equivalent

Diesels are not performance cars, if you want performance buy a petrol, simple as. Diesels are good if you are doing the milage to justify the price difference for a petrol equivalent

hmm - why aren't they considered performance and always chucked into the same old catagory? I know that some diesels can out perform there petrol equivilant!

You also go on about the noise they make? Some of you rudeboys make more noise than my diesel :P !

I think only the Stig could answer this question/thread :thumbsup: !

Racing a 2l diesel and a 2l petrol Audi around the track :lol: !

Place your bets ;) !

:lol:

hmm - why aren't they considered performance and always chucked into the same old catagory? I know that some diesels can out perform there petrol equivilant!

Yes but the point is Dave, that if you are buying a car purely for performance, you dont tend to go for a diesel.... yes some diesels are nippy, but if you're after a sports or performance car, you dont look at diesels - its a fact of life!

Most people look at diesels purely for economy purposes.... isnt that why you did? ;) Would you have chosen a diesel Corolla otherwise??

I've got to agree petrol is still the way forward for outright performance, however there are some fairly smooth performing diesels out there - take the Golf GT TDI PD150 - a quick car, with strong midrange pull. Yes it would smoke some 2L petrols off the block, but you can't beat the satisfaction of petrol power - such as with the Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi Evo, Toyota Supra, BMW M3 - can't imagine them being diesel powered.

Both fuels have their qualities, but depending on what you have driven there will always be disagreements on this.

i've got a diesel A4, it is crap, and very boring to drive. dirty horrible oil burners.......... like i said poor peoples cars

"torque! i couldnt care less! most of those 1.9 engines quote more power than my MR2, yet itll happily outdrag one up the steepest hills"

Hmm If this i the standard of knowledge of the detractors, they are well ...ignorant is a kind word.

Simple physics: acceleration is related to force and MASS.. Now is an A4 heavier or lighter than a MR2?

Well an A4 has 4 doors..

I rest my case. The diesel detractors are IGNORANT.

:-))))

congratulations on your post that was utter garbage and prooved nothing? And for your info i know plenty about physics ;)

Yet one diesel owner who talks pure sense, qudos to you my friend :)

Diesel dad enjoys watching his kids grow up and drinking fosters. Driving his diesel to horse riding practice and mini league games.

Petrol dad shows his kids how to live and goes clubbing with hot girl from work while driving his petrol sports car.

:)

at the end of the day this threads been spammed to buggery!

supposed to be about MPG figures but has turned into a classic slagging match :lol:

lets just cut our differences and beliefs (until the next thread) and call it quits! :D