Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Gang

Calisto

Need help identifying a red light on my dash.

Here goes the girlie explanation :P ........................its look like a saucepan with handles either side and steam coming out of the top. :blink:

I am assuming its a pipe of some sort over heating but I could be way off with that :help: also my Battery light is lit up. Both lights come and go as I drive :yes:

Is my car going to die ??? :unsure:

Bit more info for you, Rich has taken out the heater matrix to get re-cored :thumbsup: :shutit: :P

Ash.x

Need help identifying a red light on my dash.

Here goes the girlie explanation :P ........................its look like a saucepan with handles either side and steam coming out of the top. :blink:

I am assuming its a pipe of some sort over heating but I could be way off with that :help: also my battery light is lit up. Both lights come and go as I drive :yes:

Is my car going to die ??? :unsure:

Bit more info for you, Rich has taken out the heater matrix to get re-cored :thumbsup: :!Removed!: :P

Ash.x

Cant be a 100% Ash but i think it might be engine temp related. Possibility that there`s an airlock in the water system. :unsure: I`ll try to find out for you. :D :thumbsup:

cat temp sensor.

hell, i dont even have a celica and I knew that.

Id say you guess was right, Defo say its the cat sensor light thats on. Get it checked out, looks like she might be getting too hot, or its a faulty sensor :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies peeps, Dak I look forward to hearing from you soon.

cat temp sensor.

hell, i dont even have a celica and I knew that.

Ah. Still arround then chap. :lol::thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies peeps, Dak I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hope so. long time no chat :yes: ;)

If the cats dead your cheapest option would be to get a decat pipe shoved in it`s place. Pretty sure you don`t need a cat on yours. Trying hard to remember your old reg no. :wacko::lol:

Hey Dak hun,

KITT is a 91 and I cant even remember my old reg number lol. Would she even have a cat ?

This red light, is it a life or death situation for my car?

Luv Ash.x

If its a 91 then IIRC you dont have to have a cat, so a decat pipe will do the trick, dont think the car will die, does the light stay on all the time? ie from cold start-up?

Hey Dak hun,

KITT is a 91 and I cant even remember my old reg number lol. Would she even have a cat ?

This red light, is it a life or death situation for my car?

Luv Ash.x

Ash.

91`s were fitted with a cat but it`s not a legal necessity. Thats assuming it is the cat thats causing the light to come on. Mine doesn`t have a warning light. (Doesn`t have a cat anymore either :rolleyes: ) so i cant say for sure. But i`m pretty sure C.I. is right. He knows his onions on the gen 5.

If the lights coming on from cold then its most likely the cat temp sensor thats faulty. If it comes on a while after the cars been running then it`s likely to be the cat thats overheating. Also it`s possible that Rich might`ve dislodged a wire when the matrix came out. Easily done. It`s like spaghetti under there. So have a look at the wiring loom and connectors when it goes back in.

If the cat is overheating properly then there is a risk of fire. Those things get majorly hot ordinarily let alone when they overheat. So probably best to get it diagnosed properly. But not the end of the world if it is mullered. Just throw a decat pipe in. Hope that helps hun. ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Dak. :D

Will ask Rich to double check wiring when he puts my shiny new re-cored heater matrix back :shutit:

I have noticed that red light comes on as soon as KITT is started up and then comes and goes during the journey :wacko: the Battery is hooked up correctly and yet red Battery light is still on red mmmmmmmmmmmm mebbe dodgy connection me thinks. :yes:

Thanks for all your help guys.

Ash.x

Thanks Dak. :D

Will ask Rich to double check wiring when he puts my shiny new re-cored heater matrix back :!Removed!:

I have noticed that red light comes on as soon as KITT is started up and then comes and goes during the journey :wacko: the battery is hooked up correctly and yet red battery light is still on red mmmmmmmmmmmm mebbe dodgy connection me thinks. :yes:

Thanks for all your help guys.

Ash.x

Ah-ha. Maybe dodgy alternator is the cause. Get someone to put a voltmeter on the alternator. Could be it`s on it`s way to Nirvana. Can cause erratic electrical problems. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links