Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rust On T25 Rear Door Top Front Corners-known Problem

tezza

Went to the dealer today to see whether they would sort out a rust bubble on the roof at the front. No joy as it was a stone chip. Dealer says Mr T is very strict on paint problems and they have to have authorisation for every paint warranty claim before they touch it. Anyway he spotted discolouration on the leading edge top corners of both rear doors which would eventually turn to rust. No problem with these getting authorised it seems it is a known fault with the way the black paint is applied. Anyone else got it??

I had this problem with the previous model. It didn't get as far as rusting, but it did go a sort of metallic silver/ grey colour around the top front edge of the rear doors.

Nothing so far on my current car (T2), but I will look out for it.

I had this problem with the previous model. It didn't get as far as rusting, but it did go a sort of metallic silver/ grey colour around the top front edge of the rear doors.

Nothing so far on my current car (T2), but I will look out for it.

That's exactly the colour mine is going. I didnt want to chance it going further cos the paint warranty only lasts 3 years and that's 2 weeks away for me.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem....

2004 avensis..

I went to my dealer (greece) and he agreed to paint it again with no money.

everything under warranty....

The problem with rust is only at the right back door.... and some small color changing at the left back door...

When my car was new I noticed 2 small black spots on the roof. I mentioned it to the dealer and he said the spots were flaws in the factory paint spray work. Within 2 days I was given a replacement car whilst mine was resprayed under warranty. They resprayed the whole roof and the black spots were only very small. There was no hassle at all, in fact I did not expect a full roof respray.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links