Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Making The Change...

BeenThereDoneIt

Hey all, im a newbie to this side of the forum.

i currently have a YTS but find that it is a bit small :blink: . My bro had an 04 CTS and has just part ex'd it to get a t180 Verso :wacko: (as his tribe is expanding). so my question is....Should i make the change and buy a CTS, and if i should, has anyone got any idea about the insurance cost, 22yo male :eek: , 3yrs no claims. And should i buy new, like last time, or go for an 04ish plate? ;)

Go for it! Its a shame you never thought of it before your brother traded in his one.

As for insurance put ur mum or other female on the policy it should reduce it (assuming your male that is), I'm 23 (and have a 25yr year old female on the policy), male and have 2years no claims with 5 points and pay £492 for 10months from elephant :thumbsup:

I bought my 03CTS 6months ago and still love it!

Hi and welcome!!!!

Im 23 with two years no claim's and no stacks, speeding tickets (god knows how with the way l drive the t-sport LOL) my insurance is £800 ish with direct line.

l think you will find the t-sport a massive leave up from the yaris TS, l have driven one once and while its a good fun little car its no match for the CTS imo.

The 04' plate will have the uprated suspenshion so l would prob go for that.

And welcome to CTS country :thumbsup:

cheers for the replies, i'll just have to keep my ear to the ground now and wait for Mr T to tell me if there are any CTS's about.

mines for sale hahaha

good luck with the swop !

cts is onyl grp 14 insurance so not bad for what car they are !

Hey all, im a newbie to this side of the forum.

i currently have a YTS but find that it is a bit small :blink: . My bro had an 04 CTS and has just part ex'd it to get a t180 Verso :wacko: (as his tribe is expanding). so my question is....Should i make the change and buy a CTS, and if i should, has anyone got any idea about the insurance cost, 22yo male :eek: , 3yrs no claims. And should i buy new, like last time, or go for an 04ish plate? ;)

I'm 22 too with 1 year NCB with my dad and sister as named drivers cost = £625 for 10 months - this was with elephant who were the most competitive by a country mile!

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, another newbie here. Just managed to get my hands on a mint 02 CTS with 31k for 7900. Decided to go for the corolla not only because it is a fantastic car but the insurance group cant be beat. Im a 22 year old with 2 yrs NCD and got a premium of £940 with direct line, nothing else has even come close. :thumbsup:

thats quite good Lee....

I used to have a Grandad Nissan Almera 1.4 when I got 2 years no claims @ the age of 20 it was still in the £900 bracket.

And there is a deffinate difference in the two cars. LOL

Now i'm older (23) have 6 years no claims, no points (fingers crossed) and can get insurance for the CTS fully comp for £400 include the usual stuff legal insurance courtesy car and its close to £500. Which i'm pleased with, still a lot mind!!!

:thumbsup:

thanks rolley, glad to hear you dont think ive done too badly insurance wise. I picked up the corolla today and my god.... i knew it was good but hell......i've never expeirenced anything like it. previously i had a 1.0 gls yaris which was fine for running around in but NOTHIN compared to the utter brilliance of the corolla.

Dont mean to hog this thread with my excitment but anyone wanting to change there car GO FOR A COROLLA T SPORT!!!!!

Hoping to upgrade my CTS ever so slightly in the next 6 months. Will be hoping for some advice if poss?? typhoon K&N sounds good???? will post some pics soon if thats ok???

Speak soon guys happy T SPORTIN!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more. I picked up mine today after waiting for so long.

It is definiatly a car I would recomend.

I have to say it depends what kind of driving you do. I had a cts and used it for 12,000 miles in about three months -mostly motoway driving and couldnt wait to get it sold.. far to droney,noisy engine for me.. it really got to me . also the power band is way too high was forever having to change gear to get the revs up and found it a drag really sorry guys.. like the yaris better for the type of drive I am doing -120 round trip every day..

Picked up my T-Sport last week (Red 52 Plate with 22k on the clock for sub £7k) and the first thing I noticed was the noise level when cruising at 70 on the motorway. Having said that, it wasn't unpleasant and with the radio on it wasn't really noticable.

Also - given that I don't do that muich long distance driving (maybe up to an hour and a half at most on the motorway), it's not going to be an issue for me personally.

Plus - if the power isn't enough to keep you smiling all the time, I don't know what will.

Just FYI - I got an quote for £620 from Direct Line for a 25 y/o, 0 no claims (but 12 months on my missus' policy and we have our house policy with them). I was made up tbh as Adrian Flux had quoted £1200!

Seems its the season for buying T-Sport's!

I saw a compressor round my way (derby) the other day - anyone from here?

Yes, true Dandydons (quality football team btw).

80mph = 4krpm and the engine does drone a fair bit if you're sitting at a constant speed at anything over about 3.5krpm (a flap opens in the airbox allowing much easier breathing, which keeps it quiet at low rpm), The day a got my car i had a long DC/A road drive and i was supprised how noisy it is, however you get used to it, but none of the miles are on the motorway and not a great deal is DC.

I would advise you take a test drive at a constant 80mph if you can, and think if you could put up with it on a 2 hour+ drive. As i said i'm used to it now and hardly even notice, but the girlfriend does (although it cant be that bad as she keeps asking me for a shot! :help: :D )

Bero

Seems its the season for buying T-Sport's!

I saw a compressor round my way (derby) the other day - anyone from here?

I'm just down the road from you in Crewe, sadly I couldn't afford a compressor :D

Are there any Toyota meets around here at all ?

Glad I am not the only one that suffered the drone... I just could not live with it - also the car was too easy to sit at high speed cruising and too dangerous for speeding tickets.. I sold it and got a glanza V turbo which was a great car much preferred the turbo power even from a wee 10 year old 1.3 . it was faster up to 70mph than the corolla ....bets advice like someone said already make sure long test drive at over 70mph if you can and if you can live with the noise go for it - personally i would spend £5000 on a decent glanza, then spend the other £3k or so on drink and loose woman and then squander the rest.. ;)

I don't know if the facelift T Sport is any better but my TS isn't noisy at all, it quietly and comfortably sits at 80-85 on the motorway all day long it does get a fair bit louder above 6200 but thats part of the experiance...

Agree though with the power band thing too high and too short but its a compromise fuel economy is pretty good overall mostly thanks to the high power band...

haven't noticed any droning on mine.possibly be the tyre setup.took it up to the lake district other week following a friend on b.m.w. motorbike kept up with him all way. he was shocked he couldn't get away. our lass was a little stressed out in the passenger seat, anyone know how to get fingernails out the dashboard :lol: welcome to the cts gang

blacksheep - your right, i now remember reading somewhere that among the facelift revisions was better/more sound proofing material!

well just looked at a compressor now, REALLY good price, just need to agree a price for mine, i nearly split a side when he offered me only £6500 for mine. his problem is theres an 02 place YTS on the forecourt for 7k so i have a great place to haggle. anyone got an opinion on the compressor?