Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Notes

ZeroT

There are a number of options for exhausts out there, each with an individual look, but I think the sound of the exhaust is just as important as the look.

Can people post up a recording of their exhaust notes (maybe some gurgles and pops) for everyone that is thinking about getting a new exhaust (like me!) to listen too.

On previous cars I have found it best to click the digi cam into video mode and sit it on a box or something pointing at the exhaust so we can see it too :)

Look forward to hearing some results....

Thats actually a really good idea! Be a shame if this thread dont kick off. Come on boys and girls, get ya camera out! My Tsport is standard so i cant join in. :crybaby:

You joined on my birthday!

DOM

Thats actually a really good idea! Be a shame if this thread dont kick off. Come on boys and girls, get ya camera out! My Tsport is standard so i cant join in. :crybaby:

You joined on my birthday!

DOM

To right its a great idea, but no one has been brave enough to get out there and record :(

c'mon boys and girls, lets hear your best reving and poping :)

mine's standard so nothing from me sorry. but come on all u poofs, who ponce about in ur suped up yarisi (plural of yaris?). help this lad out, and stop being such big !Removed!! earpl is the worst. are you a hom?

mine's standard so nothing from me sorry. but come on all u poofs, who ponce about in ur suped up yarisi (plural of yaris?). help this lad out, and stop being such big !Removed!! earpl is the worst. are you a hom?

"Yari" is the accepted plural of "Yaris"...

Don't look at me - diesel and standard (exhaust-wise)

:P

A

PS If you'd needed proper, serious help then earpl, kerby, clarky and the rest would be amongst the first to jump to your aid ;)

Got a few peoples exhaust notes.

If anyone wants theirs removing please let me know.

Kerby's sports cat and header

video 1

video 2

ToTo17 Envy Megan Exhaust

Envy Exhaust

TomF Decatted Blitz

Decat Blitz

Yashio Factory Exhaust

Yashio Clip

All are working fine, if your having trouble its either putfile or your pc.

Nice one armoredfist2002, thats what were after.

Will have to wait till I get home to watch and listen tho :(

Picking my car up today after work :D

Yessss!!! Finally.

Nice 1 mate :thumbsup: , I'll have to go home to listen 2 tho.

:censor: work computer blocks all links like this :( .

Edited by rhaines

Ill post mine when i get my powerflow system on wed :D

I can hear my engine with the induction kit louder than the TTE back box lol

Well I have to say that the Fujitsubo sounds the best, but that Yashio sounds awsome on tickover.

I checked out the pricing on the Fujitsubo and your looking at £360, surly your better off getting a custom made powerflow system for that sort of money?!

Look forward to hearing and seeing the results of your system Yaris SR Kid, and how much it cost.

Found one of my old yaris, this was a vid taken at santa pod of me racing a punto GT, what you can hear is all my car :lol:

set up is: megan header, fuji exhaust, envy sports cat, envy mid section, and apexi relocated

Charlie exhaust

hey i got one but mineisnt as nice as those lol its only cat back and its a dodgy powerflow one with a universal box am planning on upgrading to a full system prbably the blitz or yashio going by those two lol

oh well ill try and get some vids of it under load like driving or sumthin !!

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Big...estNoteEver.flv

sorry about the clicking aswell i think i had my cam too close !!

Well I have to say that the Fujitsubo sounds the best, but that Yashio sounds awsome on tickover.

I checked out the pricing on the Fujitsubo and your looking at £360, surly your better off getting a custom made powerflow system for that sort of money?!

Look forward to hearing and seeing the results of your system Yaris SR Kid, and how much it cost.

I decided on a custom exhaust on my old yaris for the same reason above, as it cost £400 for a cat back exhaust and the fujitsubo was nearly the same price and it is just a backbox.

But after changing to a yaris t-sport and finally spending the money to get the fuji all I can say is why didn't I get it for my last car.

Trust me the fuji sounds so much better than on the video clips. Even though it's jasma rated don't be fooled, as it's not quiet, it's louder than my custom exhaust and I thought that was pretty loud.

Can't wait to get the rest of the exhaust system now.

You won't be dissapointed by buying this exhaust, I know i'm not.

wow sounds good chuck! and tuned up t sport!

I looked at the fuji but you get more from a system other than noise so i went for it!

lmao that does sound cool! nearly as exciting as telling people i did rocket science while doing a level mechanics, never got tierd of that one! lol

SR Kid, are we going to get some photos and video of your new powerflow system then?

So is it really better to spend £360 on a yoshi box only than spend less on a full powerflow system?!...why?!

SR Kid, are we going to get some photos and video of your new powerflow system then?

So is it really better to spend £360 on a yoshi box only than spend less on a full powerflow system?!...why?!

Because powerflow are crap and the quality of stainless steel is crap.

and they are not full systems, most are cat back, which will give you hardly any gains.

Besides, powerflow exhausts are just a drone, the fujitsubo has a nice jap sound, so you'll sound better than all the other ****ty cars out there with their crappy sounding exhausts.

It gets fitted on wednesday ill post it up then ZeroT! Glad your excited like me lol!

Well sound is preference, what people dont like and what people do like so you cant argue about that, i havent heard either in the flesh so cant comment my views yet.

All i am saying is you get more out of a powerflow system than a fuji back box.

It gets fitted on wednesday ill post it up then ZeroT! Glad your excited like me lol!

Well sound is preference, what people dont like and what people do like so you cant argue about that, i havent heard either in the flesh so cant comment my views yet.

All i am saying is you get more out of a powerflow system than a fuji back box.

I'm pretty sure Envy do the pipework from cat to fuji for the guys that have it anyway though dude so basically the fuji + piping = better than a powerflow cat back :P The difference is the quality (and performance increase related), price and sound. Personally i would stick jap as much as i can! People reckon just as you can get the same parts for less if you go away from jap, that it makes more sense too. To me it just aint the same! My Apexi sounds amazing! No European or whatever else cone could sound as good :P End of! Yeah it cost me more but if your spending money i'd rather have the HUGEST smile and be able to say its jap rather than a smirk, a chav best mate and a rusty zorst :P

At the end of the day though i guess it's what you can afford/justifying what you spend. For a first car, a £300 odd backbox is a little on the pricey side! I'm sure the powerflow will sound good but personally i only dig exhausts that have a jap roar :D Being in chris' at JAE (all be it for 30 seconds), when i tapped the throttle in that car, the zorst sounded lush and sold it to me (just like when i stuck my head under the bonnet and heard the Apexi!) :drool:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links