Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slightly Modified

Burnie1000

it would be a bit of fun and would get a lot of looks and meets, but for that sort of money you would prob get a MR2 that would not twist the engine out from under itself trying to drift it, so 100% for effort but NO

I dunno why people do stuff like this to cars like this, like buy a car thats designed to be like what you want not make 1 thats not into one!

I dunno why people do stuff like this to cars like this, like buy a car thats designed to be like what you want not make 1 thats not into one!

Soooooo......

What mods have you added or are you intending to add to yours then? :P

;)

A

LOL i didnt mean like that!

Mods are great but, you wouldnt see me making my yaris 4wd or putting a massive turbo in as there is to much other stuff to change and i believe that you should just buy a car that has 4wd and a phat turbo as standard lol!

seen the car before it had the engine aswell

its a good idea but it doesnt run? and could have at least put the 3SGTE in there!

although i am curious on how theyve done the back end, after all, its only tin and a swing arm in the back of a yaris

looks like theyve put rails n the back. pretty sure you would need an engineers report on that as youve changed the structure of the car.

as rob said worth doing but only with a 3s. but you could fit a 3s in the front of a yaris anyway. just need to make it 4wd

...which must somehow be possible as they sold a 4wd version of the Vitz in Japan.

I was under my car for the first time last weekend - if you could relocate the exhaust then there's loads of room down the "transmission" tunnel...

A

What were you doing under your car! :P

Last summer before i had my yaris i bought a car magazine in arizona and someone had put the engine of the s2000 in a yaris, it was quite cool to read about it but i never kept it! (kicks himself!!!)

Wouldnt you have to change loads of things if you put dif engine it to take extra power :S

D'oh!

I was trying to work out where the seat bolts poked through. See the thread titled "Grrrnnaaaaarrrggghhhhh" (or something like that) for more fun info on that subject :rolleyes:

Anyhow - its quite interesting under there (althouh neighbours look at you funny) fewer bits and pieces that you'd think and I'm amazed just how much rustproofing is still there despite the number of rocks the car's been scraped off*...

A

*unintentionally - the MD of the last company I worked for had an estate on the west coast and you had to go 20-odd miles along this appalling road to get to it. For 15 of hose miles my car was brushing the grass growing up through the tarmac. He has a Land Cruiser so he doesn't care...

I'm saying nothing... :!Removed!:

Mmmmm 4wd yaris - could that be 2007 project?

Pointless if you ask me as wont the extra 2 wheel needing power slow down the car? Ok yeah you get better traction but wont you just require more power from the engine to turn the extra wheels therefore draining more of the not so huge power you have to start with?

lol yeah i looked undermine when i put on the front spoiler, it was quite weird i expect to see more to be honest!! but all there was, was a rusty exhaust (soon to be changed) and lots of plastic covering! (this was looking from the front!)

Pointless if you ask me as wont the extra 2 wheel needing power slow down the car? Ok yeah you get better traction but wont you just require more power from the engine to turn the extra wheels therefore draining more of the not so huge power you have to start with?

Well, we didn't <_<

A

haha, woody got owned!

AD

(I am going to steal your thing alan and put AD on end of all my posts :P)

Personally would love to see a 4wd Yaris, agreed a fair whack of power would be needed to warrant it but am sure that would be taken into consideration before the project started :D

If the power is there 4wd is the only sensible option....

4wd = extra traction

the 4wd yaris requires the model report doing... ie alot of money

and its got an horrific front grill!

Well, we didn't <_<

A

Wow chill there! I said "if you ask me" suggesting you hadn't but may :P

Anyway i was just saying that would require a much large chunk of power to warrant it! I think i would rather have a high powered RWD yaris than a lower powered 4WD yaris (If using same engine for each but comparing horsepower at the wheels) as you could spend the money you saved on sorting out the traction anyways! Plus it would be loadsa fun :D

Wonder what Rwd small cars handle like!

being there, done that and loved it. a Twin Cam AE86 powered KP Starlet. a bit of a hand full but a whole lot of fun.