Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh Dear!

jaxx

last weekend my exhausts started to blow a bit, and was obviously being emitted from the front end of the engine

my hopeful thoughts.... downpipe gasket

my fear thoughts.... cracked manifold/dodgy gasket :eek:

after mucking about pulling the heatsheild off and trying to 'source' the blow at the top of the engine, didnt reveal anything

so this weekend has been 'service time' and had it up on the ramps... getting underneath the car gives me a good chance to have a look from the otherside

what do i find.......? the cat pipe is in two bits :lol:

well not quite... i noticed what looked like an empty bolt hole, but couldnt see any threads through it for a bolt :unsure: must be nothing? then i shone a torch round the side.... another hole..... no bolt......and then another..... no bolt

so i grabbed the downpipe and gave it a good old wiggle and discovered the elbow and cat are now dearly departed... and the reason i could see no threads? thats because the rest of the bolt was still in there :o

appears that they have all sheared off!

so how am i gonna have to rectify this? i suppose itll have to be with a 3inch mandrel bents downpipe curtesy of Aussie.... oh dear.... what a shame..... wo is me!

:D

:D :D :D ace now yours sounds like mine. wonder if it would catch on being cool to have your exhaust hangin off and sounding like a tractor?

Anyone want to be in our gang?

Unlucky Rob, guess you've got NO CHOICE but to get that downpipe in there pronto! :P

-Z

:D :D :D ace now yours sounds like mine. wonder if it would catch on being cool to have your exhaust hangin off and sounding like a tractor?

Anyone want to be in our gang?

:D funny thing is the mounts hold it directly in line and quite solid. so you only get a minor 'whistly fahrt' at the best of times

the noise of the exhaust tends to drown the rest out.... cant understand why :rolleyes:

(spoke to you gert yesterday, should be popping round tonight all being well :P )