Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension Options

wardie

hi all, time for me to pic your minds a little..

im currently running standard rev 2 suspension complete on my 1992 t bar, but with 18inche wheels.. too a great care over getting the wheels and tyres to come up at the same size as the originals, with the low pros fitted, and as far as im aware everything, width dia, and offset are all as per standard 15's.

hwever all thou the handling is not too far from what it was, tram lining aside... because of the lack of air underneath me now the comfort level is non exxistant, and over a long journey or on some of the councils more 'rural' roads actually almost painful..

so knowing that having handling, comfort, and 18's is possible, as modern cars show us... how is it done?

has anyone made this balance yet? i dont expect miracles, but im gonna hit a big bump soon and split my car in two!

any help or oppinion on dampners, springs, arb's bushes etc greatly recieved..

dont wanna loose the 18" look.. but will have to soon without some help...

:blink:

My car feels a good ride... but is a Rev3 on standard Bilsteins with Eibach Sportline (-40mm... not Pro Kit which is -25mm). 17's on front, 18's on rear...

side_1.jpg

i'm running mine on 18's with totally standard rev 5 suspension, i think it's just as comfy as when i ran the original 15's... how much pressure do you have in your tyres? ad what dimensions tyre and what width wheels?

Tyre sizes can play their part in this. What dya have wardie? The width of the rim can make a difference, should be 7J minimum, (which your probs are!) and also offset's need to be taken into consideration.

-Z

hey cheers so far..

im running 225 35 r 18's on the rear and 215 35 r 18 on the front, this gives it the same dimentions as a standard 15 with bigger tyres..the rears are the same size as the front wheels, just overshod with larger tyres, been messing around with tyre pressures before, between 32 and 36 psi all round, but never really found a balnce that was right, but the ride does improve once the tyres ahve warmed some times i think.. leading me to think that more pressure would be better.. but could it be suspension? i think i need to take the beast in to someone to have a look..

engines i can do.. but how do u judge when a suspension parts gone? cant do the 'bouncing a corner' technique, cos its too firm! who knows weather it settles right... lol

still thinking of dropping it a bit.. and getting some adjustables... so i can wind up the ride when the missus is on board and wind it down for the track days and country lanes..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links