Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Timers

RossP

Yes got this in the starlet mate, cracking piece of kit. The boost guage only works in bar but the auto turbo timer works well, and the warn feature on the boost is good for any boost spikes!

Well worth the money in my opinion

TBH I think they are a waste of money... you are far better off driving the last mile off boost to allow the turbo cool down than to have it sitting stationary with the engine running.

But when running late for work/rushing home something like that then its worth every penny as you dont have time to take it steady or sit in the car waiting for it to cool down!

TBH I want it to be sure that it has cooled down properly. Its not like most of my journeys are long distance, the most I travel a day is probably about 15-20KM (thats on a busy day). I think i'm gonna get a seperate boost guage from the turbo timer now anyway.

when u do the matsh on cost of TT+fuel that you ise whilst on timer the answer gets close to the price of a new hybrid turbo by the time your tubby dies of abuse. obviously whenn turbo is red hot cool it otherwise dont bother, my mate had a 2.5k turbo on his cossie never let it cool properly unless red/white hot and it is still going strong

TBH I think they are a waste of money... you are far better off driving the last mile off boost to allow the turbo cool down than to have it sitting stationary with the engine running.

Completely agree. :yes:

But when running late for work/rushing home something like that then its worth every penny as you dont have time to take it steady or sit in the car waiting for it to cool down!

I don't think there are many turbo timers that are hooked up to oil pressure/temperature switches. If your car's sitting there with the engine running and you suddenly lose oil pressure for some reason (as unlikely as it may be) or the oil temp rises dramatically due to lack of oncoming air, your car will continue to run and cook while you're running into the office late! :lol:

I always stay off boost for the last mile or so. Safest option... but I do like Ed's theory... any excuse for an upgrade... :thumbsup: