Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Light Question...

I've just modified the post I put down before, really need Ryan or someone else in the know to put things straight. I know the existing pipe can have the car removed, but it could have expensive consequencies should your car subsequentially fail it's MOT on emissions.

If you look at

http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm

they have a Blitz decat pipe for the turbo at £231.00 though - expensive stuff indeed.

The light usually indicates a CAT issue, generally that it has melted into a ball and is blocking airflow but obviously this isn't the case for you - is the temp sensor still in there or has it been removed?

Just found this on the IMOC site - could be a dead cat you have :(

Do a forum search on IMOC with keyword decat. The message is the post titled " [MK2 Turbo] Nightmare!!"

On the plus side, it sounds like you can get a garage to remove your cat, as long as they know what they are doing. You should be OK with emissions - but the engine and turbo need to be in good condition.

Hmmm, not totally sure, but I reckon you will be looking at £300+ cats are not cheap. However, you could see if you can find one from a breakers yard. You will find contact nuymbers for Club MR2 and Toyota Celica breakers at http://www.imoc.co.uk

oh well then... I'll just get the bugger de-catted then...

May as well instead of prob paying Mr Toyota £££ to do probably nowt...

Any idea how much it would cost to get the cat removed from a garage somewhere ?

you won't get a mot without a cat!

oh well then... I'll just get the bugger de-catted then...

May as well instead of prob paying Mr Toyota £££ to do probably nowt...

Any idea how much it would cost to get the cat removed from a garage somewhere ?

you won't get a mot without a cat!

yes I will... it's a 1990 turbo.. should pass fine ( shouldn't it everyone ? )

The company I bought the car from said this .....

"The cat has probably gone lazy (lack of use ) it will come right, Subaru's do it all the time.

We took the cat out of a friends MR2 what a difference, you have to do this ."

So could it be possible that it could be "lazy" ?? If so any idea when the bugger will "wake" up ? Any info on this greatfully received !

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links