Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Head Unit Installed

PearlJam

Hello all :D

I've been the happy owner of an Aygo Black 3dr for 16 days now, and yesterday I installed a new head unit.

I was fed up with the factory-fitted unit - especially the LCD display - not very clear IMO :angry: If I could change the petrol/mileage gauge I would !! Why not LED ??

Anyway, I bought a facia/fascia off eBay and installed an Alpine CDE-9850Ri. What a difference :eek:

I don't know as yet whether I'll bother to change the Speakers, I'll give it a wee while and see how it goes.

So if you're umming and aahing about it, tear on and do it - you won't regret it

Nice One :thumbsup:

My Aygo is due on 1 September and i've just bought the JVC KD-AVX2 head unit. Hopfuly will install on Saturday 2 September.

I've also bought a facia plate but did you need anything else for the Head unit installation, additional leads etc? I know i'll have to install a new fused power cable direct from the Battery to the unit but just wondered if any other accessories are needed. Don't want any delay in fitting it.

Did you install the head unit yourself, if so was it an easy job?

Cheers...

I did the install myself, just in time for a long drive to and from Dublin on Wednesday to see Pearl Jam :D

It took a bit of fiddling to position the wires so that when I pushed the head unit into place there were no obstructions.

As for needing any extra bits - no. I was lead to believe that I would need a wiring loom so I bought one cheap off eBay in readiness. As I suspected, from installing head units in previous cars (always been a Clio driver until now !!) I didn't need it at all :angry:

I'm no expert, but are you sure you need to run a cable from the Battery ? I didn't have to.

The only minor thing is that the facia ideally needs to be siliconed in - I just used a few magic mounts as I couldn't be bothered to wait for the silicone to dry :D

Good luck with yours - you shouldn't have any probs. You know where we are if you get stuck.

EDIT - I had a look for the JVC unit - I now see why you need that cable running from the Battery :eek:

thanks for the response. :thumbsup:

I have an Alpine head unit installed into my Honda that is also 4x50W. The installers said I needed the additional power cable as it is a high power amp, so I thought the JVC unit would also need one.

!Removed! hell. That stereo better have a removable face otherwise it will get chorred for sure. But, I can't imagine it being removable.

!Removed! hell. That stereo better have a removable face otherwise it will get chorred for sure. But, I can't imagine it being removable.

Yep, face plate is removable :thumbsup:

And the screen comes with it? because I think they have hit the nail on the head with this head unit then possibly the best head unit ever.

And the screen comes with it? because I think they have hit the nail on the head with this head unit then possibly the best head unit ever.

The whole face plate pops off, screen the lot! So nothing left on show. I've also got the JVC ipod adaptor too. Ipod can be controlled from the head unit with the song text also displayed on the head unit.

Seen some 100mm Infinity Kappa Speakers, think they might be the next buy.

Sweet! I may well consider one of those headunits when I come to putting my sunvisor screens in, instead of a xbox or ps2.

I might try one next month. I think its unbranded and Belemuk is the name of the company selling it. The pictures look like its made alright. The only problem may be the lifespan of the product but so long as it works ok for a while I won't mind.