Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lucida Ran Out Of Diesel

tempo

Got a call at work today saying my 1996 lucida aeras had stopped on the road. Basically car has run out of diesel. my friend tried starting it a few times as he didn't know what was wrong with it

what do i do. i have put some diesel in tank but car wont start.

prime the fuel system, there should be a priming bulb near the fuel filter in the engine compartment

prime the fuel system, there should be a priming bulb near the fuel filter in the engine compartment

thanks mat, i found the answer on the estima owners club. just like you said there is a black plastic on the fuel filter and i think its used to take out airlock. i pressed it a few times and the car started with no problems.

• 1 year later...
hi can anybody tell me where the fuel filter is on aeras 96 as i have the same problem

scrap that found it primed it still wont go

keep priming until button goes very stiff, as you are turning the key to start get someone to keep priming and should start. Diesels get air locked wich is why they have a primer.

keep priming until button goes very stiff, as you are turning the key to start get someone to keep priming and should start. Diesels get air locked wich is why they have a primer.

cheers will give it another go tommorow