Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning Alloys

t-sporttinny

Any ideas what product to use to get my alloys back to a shiny condition. Got a number of stains on the front at the moment, guess its down to brake dust !!. Tried using a sponge and wash/wax when cleaning bodywork but the stains are still there.

:help:

turtle wax do a good one from their extreem range. you cant miss it its in a bright green squirty bottle. spray on leave for 10-20 mins wash off. works like a dream.

also the meguires one is very good too

i just use a lot of dish washing liquid in a bucket of water....

i also bought a 'cheap' wax and gave the wheels a good coating. now brake dust just gets washed away with water. recommend it to anyone who wants to cut his wheel washing time by 75%!!!

i use this Linky spray it on, and you can see it lift the stuff off. ive used mine since new hence there are no stains, so not sure if it would work with preexisting stains. but worth a go.

I use Hope Cleaner made for Mountain bikes, it cleans alloys really well, spray it on leave it 2 min and i use a brush (again from a MTB kit) do my wheels in 5min....

:) hi baz t here i use auto glim sorry not sure of spelling

give them a rince with water then spray on and leave on for a min

then use one of them things in the kitchen its like a sponge but with a rough bit on one side

do this a couple of times and you should*nt have any stains just great looking wheels

GOOD LUCK :thumbsup: