Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cleaning...

Andie_M

Right...

First of all...

The soft top on my car is getting kinda dirty looking now. looking for some advice as to whats the best stuff to use to clean and protect it?

Secondly...

Best stuff to clean up the alloys??

Oh and another wee thing... car had sat since saturday night, when i went to drive it to work today I noticed that the brake disk was covered in wee orange rusty dots... assuming not a good thing??

Meguiars also do a softtop cleraner which is very good.. available from halfrauds... as is the wheel cleaner and tyre cleaning gel.

I've been using 'Vynyl Shield' from HERE, for three years now and it doesn't leave a greasy residue when you apply it, it's just as good for the trim inside and tyre dressing :thumbsup:

Don't worry about the rust film on your discs all cars have it (unless you're rich and have ceramic :rolleyes: ), unfortunately the Roadsters are prone to corrosion more than most, it's always best to check the inside part of the disc as these tend to wear more than the front face.

Les

Cheers folks.

Unfortunately due to the lovely scottish weather we've been having. (Rain, rain and yet more rain!) I've not had the chance to clean my poor car!

Really getting disgustingly filthy now!!

:crybaby:

Def Renovo specifically for vinyl soft tops. You paintbrush the stuff on then get a firmish bristly brush and give it loads of elbow grease. It foams up a treat then when you're done rinse well and allow to dry. Renovo do the ultra proofer too, brilliant stuff and that brushes on and dries to leave your roof totally protected against all this 'orrible weather.

We've had loads of rain here too being on the West Coast of Wales and the roof's looking great and no 'leeks' (*SORRY* :P )

Don't start me alloys..... everytime I hand wash them more laquer comes off.

• 1 month later...

Hi

When I bought my Roadster in July the roof was looking quite tired, so I looked into some cleaning products - local autoshop recommended the Renovo stuff, and it did help a bit.

However, my roof is looking more grey than the black it should - can any recommend a product that would bring the colour 'Back to Black' so to speak. Bloke at autoshop said I could try Autoglym Black Dye spray can, but I was a bit dubious about this effecting the material.

Anyone got any ideas??

I do get a little jealous when I see the MGs with their material roofs all nice and black......but that's as far as it goes - then I laugh a little when they try to accelerate past me! ;-)

With regards to the wheels, don't quote me on this but apparently the stock alloys do suffer from corrosion more than most, but after renovation they are fine. Mine were done by the garage just before I bought it, so hopefully I should be ok.

DC

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links