Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting

aquamech

Hi I have a Gen 6 with an intermittent starting fault a couple of times a week. All the dash lights up but just a click from the ignition. New Battery and recon starter motor but still happens.Leave the car for a few hrs and it starts. Have tried with out the Toad transmitter but this interupts power to the starter and no click. Could it be the ignition switch. If it is changed will it require a new key and reprogrammed central locking?

its possibly down to the starter contacts being pitted. did they change them when it was reconned ???

hi might be worth checking for good connection on Battery terminals and a good check on earth straps especialy to the engine :thumbsup:

I've suffered from a very similar problem on my Corolla in the past. I did all the things suggested including a new ignition switch and starter motor. It turned out to be a bad connection in the wire from the Battery to the started motor. On my car there is a connector about half way between the two - gave it a good clean and it's been fine ever since.